How did you build your community?

Shantanu Bhosale
6 replies
If someone has successfully built a community can you tell us the following: 1. Which platform did you utilize to build your community? 2. How were your first interactions? 3. What problems did you address?

Replies

Carter Michael
On product hunt here are my tips from a not-successful account (me): - Genuine engagement. - Don't ask for people to support you. - Be nice. - Be consistent. Show up and try to do a bit better each time. Give yourself permission to screw up and fail. Hoping this works on all platforms.
Doris Peterson
When building my community, I primarily utilized a combination of platforms like Twitter, Discord, and a dedicated forum on my website. For my first interactions, I focused on being approachable and genuinely interested in connecting with my audience, whether through engaging in conversations, answering their questions, or providing valuable insights. In terms of problems, I addressed common pain points and challenges that my community faced within our shared interest or industry, offering practical solutions, tips, and support to help them overcome those obstacles.
Oscar Mairey
I use my personal community from Twitter and LinkedIn to promote my new product. I find it to work pretty well!