How did you build your community?

Shantanu Bhosale
6 replies
If someone has successfully built a community can you tell us the following: 1. Which platform did you utilize to build your community? 2. How were your first interactions? 3. What problems did you address?

Replies

Doris Peterson
When building my community, I primarily utilized a combination of platforms like Twitter, Discord, and a dedicated forum on my website. For my first interactions, I focused on being approachable and genuinely interested in connecting with my audience, whether through engaging in conversations, answering their questions, or providing valuable insights. In terms of problems, I addressed common pain points and challenges that my community faced within our shared interest or industry, offering practical solutions, tips, and support to help them overcome those obstacles.
Oscar Mairey
I use my personal community from Twitter and LinkedIn to promote my new product. I find it to work pretty well!
Carter Michael
On product hunt here are my tips from a not-successful account (me): - Genuine engagement. - Don't ask for people to support you. - Be nice. - Be consistent. Show up and try to do a bit better each time. Give yourself permission to screw up and fail. Hoping this works on all platforms.