From Engineer to Enthusiast: A humble 70-Day Streak on Product Hunt

GaganDeep Tomar
36 replies
Hey Product Hunt fam, As an engineer, I steered clear of community and marketing platforms. But after diving into Product Hunt for a few days, I had an epiphany. It's my first, and wow, was I missing out! Question: 🚀 Engineers and makers, have you had a similar experience? How has stepping into new territory like Product Hunt transformed your perspective? Share your thoughts!

Replies

Chris Hall
Stoked to hear about your 70-day streak, man. Consistency's key in this game, especially when you've got something to launch. Keep it up!
GaganDeep Tomar
@chrishalliday35 Thanks! Honestly its not been hard because although I joined PH to gear up for a launch, its been more of a learning and discovery platform and that brings me back daily.
Amy Doyle
Yes! Most builders spend too much time just building product, and not enough time getting customers, but Product Hunt is a game changer for builders to find customers.
GaganDeep Tomar
Hey Amy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I completely agree with you - Product Hunt is indeed a game changer for builders to build community and find customers. It's incredible how this platform allows us to directly connect with our target audience and get valuable feedback. I'm curious, since you mentioned that most builders spend too much time just building products, how do you strike a balance between building and finding customers?
GaganDeep Tomar
@franksondors This is so true for bringing organic and sustainable growth these days. What are some other platforms or strategies you've found effective in reaching out to your target audience and finding customers?
Olena Bomko
Congratulations! I love PH community 😊
André J
Launching soon!
It's a lot of spam on PH these days GPT bots etc. But there is also a tight knit group of makers keeping it real ✌️
Frank Sondors
@sentry_co yeah, I noticed that, but sometimes I'm not sure whether I'm responding to a bot or not.
GaganDeep Tomar
@sentry_co @franksondors @omar_faruk29 That has been one of the awry effects of AGI. However, content generated with averagely written prompt can be detected via tools like https://www.zerogpt.com.
Product Hunt is a place where everyone gathers from early adopters to investors. I believe there is a lot to learn from this platform specially considering the great engagement it creates
GaganDeep Tomar
@andriyuh Truly said, Its such a resourceful platform to learn from people specialized in a niche. Although not everything is something that you learn from, but in the last 70 days, there have been so many things I've learnt from the discussions on PH and that too in a vide variety of subjects.
Shivangi Awasthi
Congratulation. Keep going! 🌟🚀 I am also new here and I am really loving this community.
GaganDeep Tomar
@shivangiawasthi Welcome to PH! I'm sure joining PH is gonna of those decisions you look back and feel good about!
Prem Saini
Stepping into new territory like Product Hunt has been an eye-opener. It's shown me the power of innovation and how platforms like this can bring together creators and their audiences in unique ways. It's a reminder that the digital landscape is ever-evolving, full of exciting opportunities for those willing to explore and share their ideas.
GaganDeep Tomar
@prem_saini1 Well said! Hand to my heart, I used to run away from this concept of marketing and building community. Joining PH completely changed my mindset. It hasn't been a single day when I haven't discovered a kickass saas or an insightful discussion.
Exo Cody
Launching soon!
Hey there, Absolutely! Sometimes we tend to stick to our comfort zones, but exploring new platforms like Product Hunt can be eye-opening. It's like discovering a whole new world of possibilities, right?
GaganDeep Tomar
@exo_cody I could not agree more! Honestly, I joined PH to gear up for a launch, but now its been more of a learning and discovery platform and that brings me back daily. Its been such a resourceful platform to learn from people specialized in a niche.
Evelyn
I was an engineer who didn't care about community or marketing. But after 70 days on Product Hunt, I'm a believer.
Andreas Møller
Yes this is pretty much exactly my experience as well. My co founder and I have had a ton of fun doing marketing, and engaging with different communities.
Shajedul Karim
hey there mate, congrats on the 70-day streak! that's no small feat. my take: engineers often live in build-mode. but community is where the magic happens. product hunt? a bridge. connects the analytical with the emotional. open eyes. you suddenly see your work through others' lenses. it's transformative. networks matter. not just for your product, but your personal growth. fresh ideas. the daily launches are like a sandbox of inspiration. feedback loop. immediate and raw, it can be a game-changer. market sense. you start to grasp what truly resonates with people. don't silo. skills compound. coding + community = force multiplier. if you're reading this and haven't dived in, take the plunge. it's a new lens on the familiar. the shift in perspective? invaluable.
Pir Ahmed
I launched a product back in May and am now at a 100-day streak. Its great seeing people building crazy stuff here on PH and learning from their experiences. 🙌💯
Wyatt Feaster
What have you learned the most in your first few months?
Here, I achieved 1000+ followers on PH by ditching IG and maintaining daily streaks from joining. What I observed is that I used to waste my time on IG, but here I learn and explore many useful tools every day.