Focus on 1:1 engagement if you have less than 1,000 followers!!

Charlie Kor
20 replies
I was impressed by Sveta Bay's PH post below. It shows how she grew their Twitter at each stage. https://www.producthunt.com/disc... (I went from 0 to 13K Followers on Twitter in 10 months. Here's how πŸ‘€) The key at each stage was engagement. Especially in the early stages with a small following (less than 1,000), 1:1 engagement was ultimately crucial. What do you think is important during the stage of having less than 1,000 followers?

Replies

Laodis Menard
Super interesting, thanks - comments & DM are the best way for me, albeit the most energy-demanding
@laodis_menard1 definitely. It starts as a hustle, but you start enjoying the 'community' and beta-testing & rooting for folks β€” super reciprocity involved haha
Charlie Kor
@laodis_menard1 I agree. Leaving comments and sending direct messages are the most effective methods. However, how do you engage efficiently when you have limited time? Do you have any tips, like targeting specific groups of people?
Nuno Reis
I'm having a very hard time with exactly that, because indeed it consumes so much time. It may well be worth it of course, but it's not an easy task, so I really admire people that can do it well. I'm trying it in product hunt at least, but it's hard to do accross several social networks at the same time. Any tips for that?
Dexter Awoyemi
@nuno_ms_reis It is tricky, especially on PH where we can't DM. But I get plenty of PH makers in my Twitter DMs, understandably. Personally, I think it's even better to engage directly with people in public where possible to get a few more eyeballs on your name/product πŸ‘€
Charlie Kor
@nuno_ms_reis I believe dividing the target group into segments is the most effective approach. It helps me engage efficiently within the given time.
Neil Roy
I think it's about finding your tribe, engaging with their content, contributing genuine insights, and slowly building your Klout. But with the latest Blue tick in the picture, I think you'll probably need that first before a follower strategy @charlie_lee1
Charlie Kor
@neilroy91 Sure, I agree. I think it's important to genuinely engage and share authentic thoughts. Everything comes from that.
Satyanarayan Prashar
Thanks for sharing Charlie. This was much needed for me. I started 4 days back and engaging with lots of people have really worked for me
Charlie Kor
@satyanarayan_prashar You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that it's working for you. Let's connect on Twitter as well.
Ekrem Γ‡etinkaya
Being consistent despite the feeling of "talking to the wall" that could last for months. It's really frustrating to see no improvement for weeks :)
If you have an idea of what you're doing (to provide value), and, if your heart is in the right place, then don't be afraid to make the ask β€” for reviews, engagement, advice, etc. That's how I'm approaching it at least!
Elissa Craig
Developing strong relationships early on truly does foster so much positivity and can even organically garner leads through WOM! At any stage, you can socially listen to your followers and target audience, but it is especially vital when you are starting out. Your followers have wonderful thoughts and ideas, listening in and focusing on those 1:1 engagements can really help you out down the road. Our company has had some pretty awesome product updates come from those early engagements/relationships.
Tbh, if you have more than 1k followers but they're disengaged/not the target niche the same is true, haha.
Erkin Bek
Well I have four in all, I'm sure three of them came from here :)
Thanks for sharing, very insightful