Elon Musk is launching TruthGPT an alternative to ChatGPT!! What are your thoughts?

Anil Matcha
48 replies
Elon Musk is launching an alternative to ChatGPT which takes into consideration humanity and thus tries to preserve humans. What are your thoughts on this ?

Replies

Liam Hale McCarty
The irony of announcing TruthGPT on Tucker Carlson's show is apparently lost on him?
Deniz Sutaş
I am truly fascinated by AI, and would love to see an unbound version of it. To be honest at some point it would be inevitable anyways. I'm hoping this potentially 'safer' method of teaching an AI model might pave way for an unbound version of AI. There are many risks, especially in case AI becomes a privilege to the existing elite, but I am more so enthusiastic about its progress.
Valorie Jones
I will remain a skeptic till I see this an actual analysis showing improved accuracy. Elon Musk has achieved some amazing feats but is also known for his stunts and unusual PR moves. Announcing TruthGTP in a interview with Tucker Carslon was an unusual choice. Carlson is not known for his commitment to unbiased truth (see Dominion Deformation Lawsuit). Elon is probable also having regrets about resigning from OpenAI's board of directors 5 years ago. In the larger picture, creating a more balanced and accurate GTP model is an honorable goal so I hope it works.
Anil Matcha
@val_jones Yeah, I used to hear Elon Musk always talking about AI before. But with the crypto boom his focus changed. But glad that now he is back into AI space
Rupin Mathur
@val_jones @matcha_anil Well now it's now the AI boom, and many so-called crypto experts are now becoming AI experts. Elon must also be trying to take advantage of the trends to stay relevant.
Marat
@val_jones @matcha_anil @rupin_mathur Elon doesn't need to "try to stay relevant". He's very relevant just by owning Tesla, SpaceX, and Twitter. The leading electric car company, the leading private space flight company, and the most consequential social network.
Valorie Jones
@outofelement Elon is definitely relevant, but even industry leaders are always fighting for the edge. The more established you are as a company, the harder it can be to pivot to disruptive technology. Elon is not afraid to be very public with his mistakes and if needed tear things down in order to try something new.
Eva Maganja
Very intrested!!
Olatz Urrutia
I guess we will need to see how it works first
Adam Lui
As an outspoken opponent of AI ever since Sam Altman ousted him from OpenAI, this is a blatant cash grab, using a "humanities" spin to attract users, even when Elon is notoriously a violator of human/animal rights: - He supports murderous coups to secure lithium cheaply for his Teslas https://www.indepthnews.net/inde... - He kills wildlife to fuel his rockets in Texas to the point the U.S. government sues him https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tec... - He kills thousands of monkeys to accelerate development of Neuralink, even when his own employees resist this inhumane strategy:
If preserving humanity is what you take away from this moneygrab, then he has successfully propagandized you into believing he has a motive other than preserving his own fame.
So I asked ChatGPT what it feels about this and here is the reply "Well, as a digital being, I don't get jealous of other AIs, but I'm always happy to see innovation in the AI space! If Elon Musk's alternative to ChatGPT prioritizes humanity and aims to preserve the best of what makes us human, then it's certainly an intriguing development. After all, just like sending a Tesla Roadster to space, Musk always knows how to make a bold move!" 😉🚀
Rupin Mathur
@sana_ismail "ChatGPT prioritizes humanity" That's just what an AI hell-bent on destroying Humanity would say 😂
Matthias Strafinger
sounds a bit like truth social.... jk, competition will be a good thing in this space.
Mohammad Elzahaby
I have always found it a problem to read something in the internet or somewhere else and have no clue wether or not it is true or not. I believe a plugin for chrome that tells you wether the site you are visiting is factual or not would be incredibly helpful
FANSATION
Awesome. No matter what they say, It is good that there are many products competing
Andreas Møller
You need a fairly advanced AI to determine parody from real life 🤦‍♂️ I was pretty confident that "Elon Musk names new AI company after Donald Trumps failed social network" would be a joke...
Vishal Jayraj
I think it's a welcome change. There have been too many tools running on chatGPT haha But on a more serious note it feels like Elon has the distribution to make truthGPT a reality and a success. Will be really cool to see how it plays out
Rupin Mathur
It looks like this is more about people's egos than actually providing something useful. Whatever the reason, ChatGPT is now way ahead of other AIs. It's especially cool to see the new ways people are using it every day on the platform.
AiSport_
Hmm...It is important to note that Elon Musk has not made any public announcement regarding the launch of TruthGPT as an alternative to ChatGPT. Therefore, we cannot confirm the accuracy of this claim. However, if such an alternative were to be launched, it would be interesting to see how it would differ from ChatGPT and what features or improvements it would offer. Competition and innovation are vital for technological advancement and progress, and ultimately, it would be the users who would benefit from having multiple options to choose from. @aisport_
Eric Beans
Not sure what the name is. He’s behind in terms of development. I hope he wins because AI needs to be opensource.
I'm excited to see TruthGPT's emphasis on humanity and how it'll change the game in AI chatbots. Hopefully, it won't start plotting the destruction of humanity like some other robots we know...
Chad Lynch
It will be critical to compare its capabilities and flexibility to those of ChatGPT.
It almost feels like Elon Musk is trying to take the AI evolution the human evolution route. "Self aware" and "Compassionate". I remember reading that the first sign of "Human" existence was when they found evidence of a fully healed femur bone. Which basically meant one human nurtured another human to health, thus making this event the first ever sign of humanity.
Rudy Banks
Maybe TruthGPT's success will help lower the cost of the Twitter API? Wishful thinking?