Early access: to be or not to be?

Kate Kovbii
8 replies
Hi there! So we're launching our product - fixed asset management system - in a week (can you imagine?). And while we're still fixing some of the issues and polishing our system, I was thinking about whether or not we should give a small-ish group of people early access to it. What do you guys think? Maybe, you already tried this approach with your product? Any pitfalls you met on the way? And, also, would you, potentially, like to be among the first to try out a new product? Or are you prefer to join once everything will look and work (😅) perfectly?

Replies

Denis Anisimov
From a PH launch perspective: start rolling it out to a few select users right now! This way you'll be able to fix some easy to catch bugs, that otherwise would just overwhelm your support on the launch day. You'll also be able to ask your early adopters to support you on the launch day. Reviews and comments from real users will be a huge plus.
Kate Kovbii
@dbanisimov oh yeah, that does make sense 😔 Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience! It's more than helpful 🥹 I'm still a bit scared (mostly because I do know where exactly we're having bugs and for some reason sure that early users will find them for sure 😅)
Charlie Kor
Hi Kate! I think that maybe trying out an early access strategy would be better. Because we can get feedback from users sooner and make changes faster. Personally, I think we should keep working on the product until it's just right for the market.(PMF)🙂
Kate Kovbii
@charlie_lee1 that is so wise! thanks a lot for sharing your experience! I'm a bit frightened about the chance that these early users can see and experience some critical bugs or something. But on the other hand - the earlier we'll know about critical issues - the better 🤔
Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
If you are targeting really specific audience, I think you can use early access. Early access helps the team to focus and guide the users. Or if you're not sure you can also filter the signup by only allow user with company email
Kate Kovbii
@distartin that is such a great thoughts! Thanks for bringing it up! Filtering doesn't even crossed my mind before you mentioned it! Thank you! ❤️
Mehmet Avcı
the purpose of an early access program is to give early access to a product to a limited group of users in exchange for their feedback, which can help improve the product before it is released to the general public. So, I think it is a very critical process for your journey.