Does your startup offer subscriptions only or one-time purchases too?

Peter Mick
16 replies
Does your startup offer only subscriptions or one-time purchases? Or a mix of both? :-)

Replies

Cesar Hawke
Only one time purchase 😃
Peter Mick
@basisnerd Cool - is that for HTML templates?
Stefan Meyer
Looking to implement one off purchases but currently just Subscriptions
Vasily Malyshev
Subscriptions. I remember there was a time when microsoft office was sold on CDs that you buy as a one time purchase and it stays with you forever... the good old times :) But now I feel like almost everything software related big or small runs on subscriptions.
Peter Mick
@stoicbasil it has been like that - I kind of miss those days as a consumer 😅 everything seems to be pretty much subscriptions these days, I do both but I'm strongly considering to shift towards subs only as the MRR really motivates solo founders :)
Vasily Malyshev
@thepetermick for sure! I used to run a software development agency where most of clients were on pay per project fee. One of the reasons I sold the company and moved to Saas is to get the subscription payment flow, hah :) But 100% agree that it felt so much better when everybody didn't ask for a subscription to do everything under the sun :)
Mohamed Zakarya
We plan to generate revenue through subscriptions (a mix of monthly and yearly packages available) and one-time payments (a short-term solution for raising capital).
Dmitrii Pashutskii
I launched with one-off purchases because I wanted to have first users. But eventually disabled it because I don't see how it would be sustainable. I assume it depends on the product and lifecycle of users.
Sherry Xena
Subscriptions only
Peter Mick
@sherryxena Nice - do you think one-time purchases could give you another revenue stream? I see many say they don't like subs - but yes it depends on product 100%