Does building in public help?

Anil Matcha
21 replies

Replies

Dominic Bouchard
I'm considering sharing my journey on Twitter with almost zero followers. Any tips to start "building in public"?
ashen
it does. getting live feedback while building something, anything will always give you the most up to date market sentiment rather than building something, dropping it a year later and not being up to date with the market
Frank Sondors
Yes, always build together with your customers rather than in a silo.
Hashnimo
Yes, it certainly does for most (except for a few losers) out there. You either do 10K MRR there or buy the blue tick for 8 a month hoping it will pay off.
Swapratim Roy
I love sharing update in Twitter while building in public. It provides a better way to showcase your progress while attracting attention.
Deluar Hosain
Building in public does the job when you share your product on Twitter or somewhere like that it helps get more exposure and more friends.
Ilko Kacharov [Team-GPT]
Building in public helps in creating an identity or a brand that people can resonate with. Your struggles, successes, and overall journey become a part of your brand story, making it more relatable and authentic. For us, building in public has been instrumental in validating market fit. By publicly sharing our progress and getting real-time feedback, we've been able to adjust our features to more closely meet market needs.
Igor Lysenko
Yes. 100% sure!
Emm Airis
Building in public can be a beneficial strategy for individuals and businesses in various industries, including software development, entrepreneurship, and content creation. It involves sharing the process, progress, and challenges of your work publicly, typically through social media, blog posts, or online communities For More Help visit https://www.hayatmed.com/veneers... and guidance on building in public, feel free to reach out to professionals in your industry, join online communities or forums, and explore resources specifically dedicated to the topic
TheWriterBenj
Once, I feared idea theft, but my perspective has evolved. Now, I see the give and take of sharing ideas and drawing on the collective mind of the group as an integral part of the creative process. This shift from fear to gratitude helps me see the wealth in collective trends that can often lead to areas for personal creative refinement. It's also illuminated the need to safeguard truly-unique ideas, even when the comments say otherwise. Essentially, my discernment is strengthened over time as I learn which is which. Thanks for posting the question, I think I needed this moment of reflection :)
Carter Michael
Yes. There's also relatively no harm. Be candid, write how you talk. Be brief about it as most people online don't love long-form right now. Just document. Can take you 10 minutes a day and create some lasting fans of yourself and your work.
Max Yamp
Absolutely, when you share your progress, challenges, and ideas with the community, it creates a sense of collaboration and transparency and inspires others to do the same.
Tom Snikke
Building in public can be a beneficial approach for many individuals and businesses. It allows for transparency, community engagement, and valuable feedback, which can help foster trust, create connections, and improve the overall quality of the product or service being developed. However, the effectiveness of building in public may vary depending on the specific circumstances and goals of the project.
Shawn Cao
I think if the audience is right - then it's going to be super helpful. Otherwise, it may mislead if it doesn't align with your target audience. It's tricky, but yeah, in general, building in public is a valuable strategy, also winning trust with your customer base, and that's core for every product's success IMO.
Eve Box
Yes, it's very helpful. The product will go according to what they requested.
Kushagra Agarwal
Yepp, the more engaged users would then be able to relate to the product more and would feel a kind of a personal connection to the product
Mei
Absolutely. I started writing in public two months ago and it's been life-changing. It helps you build conviction, find the right resources and build your body of work in public.
James Buttler
Pickering's estate lawyers offer expert guidance in probate, trusts, and estate planning. With a focus on personalized solutions, they navigate the legal intricacies to safeguard your assets and ensure a seamless transfer. Trust Pickering's estate law professionals for comprehensive and compassionate assistance tailored to your unique needs. https://nolanpersaud.com/wills-e...