Does anyone know how Product Hunt defines a “significant update”?

Serge Neskoromny
4 replies
Hey Product Hunt community, I hope you’re all doing well! 👋 I've always been thrilled to share my projects with you on this incredible platform. However, I've recently faced a challenge that I believe many in our community might relate to – the six-month wait period required before posting a new product after its previous launch. I've introduced what I consider to be significant updates to my app, notably the Proofreading Keyboard extension for WiseTalk. Yet, despite these improvements, my submissions have been rejected. Does anyone know how Product Hunt defines a “significant update”? 🤔 Is it about the scope of the changes, the impact on user experience, or maybe the level of innovation added? I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Has anyone managed to launch earlier than six months? What modifications did you make that paved the way? How do you interpret the term “significant updates”? Looking forward to your valuable input. 🚀

Replies

Gboyega D.
Almost a year later, I too, am looking for an answer. But here is my experience: I just published the iOS version of my originally Mac only app (launched a little over a month ago) and a request to launch the iOS version was turned down because it apparently doesn't have "significant changes".
Serge Neskoromny
Well, the silence is deafening! Guess it's one of life's greatest mysteries.
Hey @adityavsc just tagging you if you can give an answer - also interested!
Daniel Zaitzow
I am offering 0 insight (don't want to get your hopes up) but I am among those who is very interested in the answer to this question. If you've found anything out or do find anything out in the future I'd love to know. I've sent over a LinkedIn connection request + followed you on PH so ideally you're able to reach out if anything changes or if I find anything out on my side.