Does a NON AI start-up have any chance in PH?

Sepideh Yazdi
26 replies

Replies

Eugene Sanders
Any start-up, in my opinion, would have a tremendous chance on Producthunt.
I believe there is a chance, especially since sometimes in the AI market, there's alot of similar apps competing rn. But more importantly if the startup is solving a unique problem, that brings value to others, then for sure. It should a problem that brings a lot of pain to the end users, that needs to be solved.
Uma Venugopal
of course, so long as you're adding some meaningful value it's irrelevant if you're AI-based or otherwise :)
Liu Kexin
of course! AI brings new chances but not everything is about AI
Rashika Ahuja
I believe if the company is solving the right problem, it doesn't matter if it is AI-Powered or not.
I hope so, we are launching an EMAIL service tomorrow.
@malkielfalcone It has AI too, but the main focus is not AI. So I'm hoping the community will still like the product despite it not being an "AI start-up"
Stephan Zammit
This was going to be my question! Seems that most products over here are AI based.
Marie Fohler
I think so, yes. It seems that in today's world everything needs to be AI related, but the thing is we are losing the essence of human creativity. So in my opinion, as long as the product works and is innovative, it will do good on PH.
Mark Pavlyukovskyy
Definitely! Product Hunt embraces startups of all kinds, so non-AI startups have a great chance to shine and make an impact.
Roberto Gómez - ScalarOS.com
I think even more right now, at least in my case. I'm a little bit tired of the AI madness which is just ChatGPT with a different front, and looking forward for original ideas solving a problem, whereas has AI in the name or not.
Alex
I think is like blockchain in 2017, now THERE IS ai everywhere also where it's not needed. It's like a magic word for make money rain. At the end AI is in continue evolution and the products that now are innovative will become obsolete with the release of a new model. So if you have funds there are no problems otherwise is a killing game.
Jan Demiralp
We're currently seeing an explosion of AI apps driven by huge amounts of hype. My bet is that 5-10% of these apps will survive as features from the smaller apps get implemented into the major players. So in my opinion, focus on something that has a strong unique selling point that serves an active niche. This way you're not as likely to get lost in the AI noise.
Jacopo Tallini
Pretty confident about that!
Of course it does, it is just that AI-powered products are much cheaper and easier to build and grow right now.
Ekrem Çetinkaya
I would say they have a higher chance as PH is flooded with AI apps. Rarity is precious
Trevor White
I launched my new Unlimited Software Development Subscription service today named Poket Dev. Wondering if implementing AI into the workflow would have gotten it more attention. Kidding of course. Definitely a big buzz word these days to say the least.
Aditya Kumar Saroj
When a technology becomes accessible, it spreads like wildfire. To answer your question, yes, you perfectly stand a chance without AI too. If your startup solves a problem better than available solutions, it doesn't matter what technology it uses.
Heleana Grace
Of course! AI is definitely super trendy right now and everyone wants a piece of it but it's easy for the market to get oversaturated this way, and you end up with hundreds of apps solving the same problem. As long as your product answers a unique need in a different way than others, there's absolutely chances of success.
Erika Kacelnik
of course! AI is trendy, but solving people's real problems is still what matters :)