Documentation is Key: πŸ“šπŸ”‘

Mason Williams
5 replies
Documentation is often overlooked, but it's crucial for maintaining a scalable, maintainable codebase. Share some of your favorite documentation tools, practices, and tips.

Replies

Petre Sosa
You can try Archbee. With Archbee, you break up your documentation into separate Spaces (public or private). Each Space contains what you need to share product-related updates: user guides, public or private portals, API docs, in-app contextual documentation.
Kaizen Order
Agree with you, Mason. It is so crucial. In our experience in the tech industry, everything from marketing > engineering > sales > support benefits from great product documentation πŸ‘Œ
Eden
I've been having a tough time staying motivated to document when being the solo engineer on my project. These days I use ChatGPT to help write my docstrings which has been super useful
Mei
I use Notion to document everything. Sometimes use Google Sheets too but having a writing culture is key.
Pradeepa Somasundaram
Document360 7.0 is indeed a highly regarded documentation tool, known for its capabilities in creating knowledge bases and API documentation. Here are some reasons why Document360 is considered one of the best documentation tools: Comprehensive Knowledge Base: Document360 provides a feature-rich knowledge base platform that enables you to create and manage extensive documentation. It offers a user-friendly interface, intuitive editor, and customizable templates, allowing you to organize and present your content effectively. API Documentation Support: Document360 includes specific features for API documentation. You can define API endpoints, methods, parameters, and responses, along with code samples and interactive API explorers. This allows developers to understand and interact with your APIs easily. Analytics and Insights: Document360 provides analytics and insights on your documentation usage, giving you valuable data on user engagement, popular pages, search queries, and more. These analytics help you understand how users interact with your documentation and make informed improvements. Documentation Tips: Keep It Concise Strive for concise and to-the-point documentation. Avoid excessive technical jargon and unnecessary details. Regular Updates Documentation should be a living resource that evolves with the product or service. Regularly update and maintain the documentation to reflect any changes, new features, or bug fixes. Gather Feedback Encourage users and developers to provide feedback on the documentation. Document Common Pitfalls and Troubleshooting Include troubleshooting guides and document common pitfalls that users may encounter. Collaborate and Involve Stakeholders Involve subject matter experts, developers, and users in the documentation process.