Do you think video marketing will be a lasting trend? What can replace it?

Janset Angı
111 replies
I think it’ll be one of the top trends for a while. For the feature, maybe there’ll be more interactive visual content. What do you think?

Replies

Gavin Hammar
For sure. We actually just launched a video-first community platform today on PH. We believe face-to-face async communities are the future. Check it out: https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Julie John
It depends on the user engagement we now had observed both longtime videos & shorts people gave value to both as per their interests but may be AI is evolving someday we can see another form of video marketing.
Janset Angı
@julie_john Yes, user habits constantly evolve so new techs will also adapt to them
Dilan Aydın
Exactly! I think that holograms might be used in the future for content. However, I am sure that video marketing will stay in trend for a long time.
Aditya Rajput
@dilan_aydin I would lpvr tp use holograms, but the tech is so costly. While videos are within everybody's reach.
Naomi Zhao
@dilan_aydin The popularity of holograms must be based on the popularity of supporting device, and I believe that day will come, even if those devices will be expensive. It's like making the leap from the old-fashioned cell phone to the smartphone era.
Murali Gottumukkala
Video is the second best thing to live presentation or a pitch
Aditya Rajput
@murali_aasaan absolutely. Infact majoroty ofvideos have apresentation concept where one person explains something.
Neri Raanani
Whether it's through holograms or another platform, I think videos are here to stay. Although I'm still unsure about the metaverse, that can definitely change the future of visual content.
Janset Angı
@neri_raanani Yes, since now we know that technology is beyond our imagination sometimes, for sure there are very exciting changes await us :)
Magdalena Tran
I think video is the best way to create a human connection digitally. We compared approaches doing cold emails and personalized videos are by far the most effective approach.
Janset Angı
@magdalena_tran1 I totally agree! Also, video marketing has a plus in terms of everyone's short attention span. They're always more engaging.
Hina Ashfaq
I believe video trend is here to stay.
Aditya Rajput
AR and VR may be able to gove video a fair fight, but video is here to stay. From infants to elderlies, everybody loves video.
Georgi Apostolov
For SAAS Products marketing - interactive Live Demos are definitely here to stay. And I am building a product for exactly that. Check it out https://livedemo.live
Csaba Zajdo
Video marketing is a great way to market products or services. You will benefit from its appeal to our senses as well as from the fact that it is so easy to share on social networks. As long as mobile devices keep getting better, they should remain a lasting trend. A mix of video and text is considered even more effective.
Martine Hammar
I think it will be a shame if it doesn't :(
Martine Hammar
@janset_angi 100%, I think finally people are seeing the humans behind the brands and after all, people buy from people they trust!
Goutham
Videos definitely seem to generate a lot of interest in users. I've found video memes to perform really well on my Twitter on par with text tweets :) Apart from that, videos from customers on landing pages actually build a lot of social proof which I've witnessed firsthand while seeing customers use https://famewall.io for video testimonials😄
Janset Angı
@gouthamj Twitter is a really good platform for video sharing in many ways imo! Right! Video testimonials are great content for B2B especially.
Rob Henrichs
I think video marketing will be a lasting trend, it can be very versatile as well especially if you do something like choose your own path in the video to lead the user to a conversion point.
Janset Angı
@rob_henrichs Unique and engaging videos will enhance success for a long time without a doubt.
Lauren Thomas
Video marketing is definitely here to stay. I think we'll see the trending formats from social media and creator culture influence it more and more. For example, marketing videos mirroring the kind of authentic, short form videos that are so popular on platforms like TikTok.
Janset Angı
@lauren_thomas4 I think so! Short videos seem like getting more and more important considering the produced content volume.
Gary Zurnamer
Video consumption is still exploding (B2C social media apps are a good signal for where trends are heading). But not all videos are created equal! Using real people, keeping them short and sharing genuine/engaging stories seems to be the best formula for success.
Janset Angı
@gary_zurnamer1 Video is compelling for B2C for sure but even B2B has a huge potential. I agree with your points. There are many video content out there but ofc not all of them are engaging.
Jade Mackenzie
Absolutely - I don't think we've even seen the peak of it yet.
Nithin Jawahar
I feel video marketing gives the most dopamine hit to people compared to all other mediums of marketing. So yeah I think it is only going to grow bigger with advances in AR & VR.
Jeff Chun
Because of these points I think video marketing will be a lasting trend: 1. Videos Dominate Online Content 2. Video Advertising Leads to High Engagement 3. Videos are Sharable
Ben Sher
@jeff_chun @janset_angi agreed! At Vouch we help customers collect customer video at scale which is often the main barrier to including video in a marketing strategy! We're also live on Product Hunt now if you want to check us out!
Sanjay Somashekar
In-person experiences even though is out of the digital world might be a great way to personalize