Do you think the AI hype is dying down?

Richard Gao
11 replies
Don't think it's happening myself, with so many new releases. What do you think?

Replies

david hart
Nope! Geoffrey Hinton just quit Google and says that AI is dangerous - thats the Godfather - I think we will see more and more of AI
Samuel ‎Mi
I believe the stuff we're able to publicly see and use today (gpt-4, dall-e) are just a very early stage of something that's going to come in the upcoming years. I'm blown by the the "Rap AIs" lately, it feels like people can drop their own albums of their favourite artists and we're just getting started.
Jòzsef Molnos
No, absolutely not! :)
Aqeel
I'll rather say it is going high time by time, neither its hype nor AI itself is going down in future, according to me...
Ivan Cekov
I don't think the hype around AI is dying down either. In fact, I think it's only going to continue to grow as more industries find ways to utilize it. What do you think the future of AI looks like?
oscar garcia
No, this concept was there before, but it was not as efficient as it is getting now. I can think of several projects I have been involved in that will be done a lot faster with the tooling and data models that are available. I think AI will complement the internet. AR is the one that is getting left behind for now,
Santiago Gutierrez
It's an interesting question - personally, I don't think the AI hype is dying down anytime soon. In fact, I think we're just scratching the surface of what AI can do and the impact it will have on various industries. It's clear that there's still a lot of excitement and potential around it.
Valorie Jones
I think the next stage will be all the GPT competitors and clones fighting for the edge. The development will heat up but it might not make a good news soundbite. The latest one I tried was Cohere. right now I would still rank in behind ChatGPT, but ahead of Google's BARD, Meta's LLaMA and EleutherAI's GTP-J.
André J
Launching soon!
Engage AI winter 100%