Do you prefer remote, hybrid or in-person?

Saif Ali
78 replies
Personally I like hybrid remote with the option of going in whenever.

Replies

Madara
I agree with you. I prefer working from home, but it is nice to see colleagues once i a while. To get the real connection. Specially for 1:1 conversations.
Saif Ali
@madaras Yup that genuine human connection is still a thing imo. I even love making spontaneous lunch plans with my coworkers when we notice we're all there!
Demi Jones
I personally prefer the remote option. I hope in-person doesn't come back in style for awhile. I enjoy being able to do work from home, this is my little piece of heaven =)
Saif Ali
@lysten_inc Little piece of heaven is a great way of describing it! I call it my little kingdom but your sounds a lot cooler haha
Siena Romes
I prefer remote. I can do everything quickly without the distractions of an office setting.
Saif Ali
@siena_romes Hmm interesting, what would you say distracted you the most in an office setting?
Siena Romes
@saifali97 co-workers were always talking even if it was working hours. there were a lot of gossiping instead of actual working.
Saif Ali
@katerina_unzhakova1 Niiice. Have you worked hybrid or in person?
Kate Unzhakova
@saifali97 yes, both. I've worked in a classical office, and as a freelancer and as a part-time employer, and maybe something else))
Hybrid! I prefer to be in the office but I do like having the option of working from home.
Saif Ali
@inesfenner Yeah I love working from home but having the option of going in physically with all the available amenities makes it super nice!
Gurpinder Singh
For me, hybrid works well. There are times when you get bored at home, and you need a change to deal with that.
Saif Ali
@gurpinder_singh True! Sometimes I need to hear my coworker's lame jokes to get the mood right lol. But other times I'll wake up and be like "meh, not today".
picash.eth@mail3.me
I prefer remote and I can enjoy more flexibility.
mark acor
I prefer in-person. I have 3 little kids who are my world and if I'm home with them I'm way too easily distracted to go play with them vs getting work done. Having physical distance between me and them makes me a lot more efficient :)
Saif Ali
@mark_acor That's an interesting take! I don't have kids but I can imagine it must be suuuper hard to say no to playtime while working from home? I can't even say no to my pups when he wants playtime lol let alone kids haha
Wiktoria Jaszcza
mainly in-person; sometimes hybrid when I need to really focus.
Saif Ali
@w_j Really? Interesting.. So you feel more productive at home?
Wiktoria Jaszcza
@saifali97 Sometimes yes. It depends on the type of work and my mood 😅. For deep focus (which I struggle to achieve), I prefer to work in silence.
Bhavna Singh
I prefer in-person as you get a chance to work around the people and create that rapport between your peers which somewhere helps in overall personality building , however the new trend nowadays have been remote and hybrid only.
Saif Ali
@bhav_singh Bhav that's honestly fair. When it comes to personality building or just overall career networking, I think in person is still a great option
Raul Silverstone
Com'on that's an unfair question, anyone who loves the beach will indulge sometime into a trip on the mountains :P I think remote makes everyone's life better, this being said, it's great to meet in person once a while. What do you think @saifali97 ?
Ludmilla Redd
@saifali97 @raul_silverstone Ahah that's one funny way of putting it :D
David Tedaldi
@saifali97 @raul_silverstone So... beach == remote, office == mountain?
Saif Ali
@raul_silverstone Loool thats a great analogy :p I prefer hybrid remote so I don't necessarily have to go but I can whenever I want. Must be a psychological thing lmao.. Makes me feel autonomous and productive.
Launching soon!
It's safe to say that remote working is the new standard. However, I prefer a hybrid approach since it allows us to maintain strong social relationships among coworkers through continual physical interaction.
Saif Ali
@qudsia_ali Yup! I prefer hybrid remote too since I can go and have real human moments with my coworkers like listening to their lame jokes and laughing regardless lmao. Although the remote part is suuuper nice too
Brenna Donoghue
I'm all in on hybrid. I get so much energy when in person with the team. But not having to commute or shower right after a lunch run makes life so great on the other days.
Saif Ali
@brenna_donoghue YES! I have a 1 hr commute time and some mornings it can become hectic. Though I listen to podcasts on the way to make it bearable lol. Wbu? Any commute activities?
Brenna Donoghue
@saifali97 my commute is an hour as well. In the past I was close enough to run or bike to work which was a great way to start the day. But now that I take the train I try to ease into the day reading. My kindle is getting some serious time!
Leyla Aliyeva
I prefer the remote, coz I enjoy working from home, I have complete control over my schedule and work whenever it is best for me.
Mansoor Osnar
Hybrid! It's amazing to see the collaboration that takes place when people are usually remote, but come in once in a while to the office. People feel really energetic and ready to engage one another.
Katya Veremeichik
I am 100% remote for many years, so I can hardly imagine going to the office ever again. BUT it's super nice to meet your coworkers in person, especially outside of work:)
Saif Ali
@katyaveremeichik Wow that must be awesome. Has the overall culture of remote work shifted massively after the pandemic? I know it's more common now ofcourse but any general trends you may have noticed?
Katya Veremeichik
@saifali97 well... the sift was so massive it's hard to ignore:) before the pandemic, those lucky few working from home were envied by everyone, and now (from what I've heard, I haven't checked the following info) the Netherlands are making remote work a legal right. Remote work is not going anywhere. Many companies are asking people to go back to the office, but they can't really answer the question "why?". After a short adjustment period productivity at home is just the same as in the offfice, expenses are lower for both the company and the employee, and technology allows total engagement in the work process without physical presence. I don't know the correlation between working remotely and the company's revenue, but I imagine it will not be possible to calculate accurately because of the state of the market during the pandemic and right now as well. So, the answer to "why?" is probably "because I say so":)))
Martina Hackbartt
I have personally only worked fully remote. But I think my favorite scheme would be hybrid!
Saif Ali
@martina_hackbartt Lucky! Yeah I don't miss 100% in person days lol although hybrid is perfect. I can go whenever, have some free coffee and talk to my peers in real time
Pawel
Remote, but with option to go to office whenever needed or wanted.