Do you or any member of your team work remotely?

Vlad Zivkovic
90 replies
Product Hunters, share your experience and best practices about remote work!

Replies

Paresh Mayani
We are into Web and mobile app development services, and so we are fine with team members working and following the hybrid model, but some time they have to visit office for certain meetings, particularly for the requirement gathering.
Our entire team is remote, working across continents! To make it work, Discord and Slack are irreplaceable
Amulya Prasad
Our team at Neverinstall works from the office. But we can opt to work remotely whenever we need that headspace
Our whole team works remotely. Some good practices we follow about remote work: 1) Weekly team meeting. A mandate. Probably, by the beginning of the week. 2) Regular catch-up calls every day with team members as need be. 3) A public sheet where everyone gets to share their work. So everyone knows what's happening and feels inspired.
Alexey Anshakov
After COVID, our team members work exclusively remotely.
Marilena Nikou
yes, we all have a flexible schedule
Mark Pavlyukovskyy
Yes, our entire team works remotely
Kavita
Our entire team works remotely. Some of the things we do: - Make sure we are always communicating asynchronously (overcommunicate when in doubt). Things like end of day work summaries on Slack are useful to keep everyone on track. - Two weekly check-ins with the team to touch base on goals for the week and progress made so far. - Embrace having a flexible schedule. We focus on output delivered rather than 'hours online'.
Charlotte Chiang
We're fully remote, though there's a small hub where many of us live and get to work together. I think it's super important to keep in mind that what you think is 'enough' in terms of communication, is almost never enough. I'm constantly reminding myself to invest the effort in 'over-communicating': repeating a message in meetings, in documentation, in Slack, and wherever else...just to make sure it doesn't get missed.
Our entire team used to work fully remotely and then switched to a hybrid model except for a couple of people working fully remotely.
Antoni Kozelski
Of course, my team and I work remotely👍
hunter_k
fully remotely. It can bring some issues such as not having efficient commnunications. Slack is essential!
Mei
I have been working remotely for six years now and would never go back to the office.
Daniel Olea
We are actually trying it out. We are launching a new startup, so we are just the founding team. What I have personally found out after trying 2 months fully remote and 2 month fully in-office (still in this phase). Fully remote: - (Pro) It is easier to be a bit eccentric and manage your productivity and energy better. For instance after programming a complex task, I might need a break so I can take that time to do a little bit of exercise, or washing the dishes, which clears my mind wonderfully - (Pro) I can prioritize other aspects of life with much more ease - (Con) Sometimes I feel a little bit downhearted when I do not interact with anyone for many hours, or barely leave the house - (Con) I feel there are more distractions at home, and it is a little bit harder sometimes to focus Fully in-office: - (Pro) I like the feeling of been around people working and the productivity atmosphere that it creates - (Pro) There is a much clearer boundary between work/no-work - (Con) I have a much harder time resting between complex tasks, is like there are not many options to do so. Most of them imply that you are still sitting at your desk - (Con) Since it is a coworking the setup is worse - (Con) I tend to finish the days way more tired - (Con) It is easier to be interrupted and get your flow broken (Commute is not a problem because it is really close to where I live) In general, I think there is pros and cons to each one, I am leaning towards fully remote, I think achieving high performance is less costly but you should beware of distractions at home. It is more comfortable too. Still, I think you should have a place where you could go if you are feeling like you need to see other people or you are not focusing at home. Notice that communication or alignment did not appear on my list, this is because I have not felt much of a difference (this is one of the classic topics of remote vs in-office). But it is true that we are just 2-3 people...
Alexandre Mouriec
At Crisp, half the team is fully remote, and the other half works from an office in Nantes (France) or remotely. We can work remotely whenever and wherever we want. We have no meetings and try to work async as much as possible to offer the most focused time possible
Julien Fayad
Fully remote too, that was caused by Covid (we kept a lease for an empty office for a year...) we never went back to an office "yet" and we don't have immediate plan to do it
JK
My Entire Team is Working Remotely.
Artsiom Hontar
Our team are fully remote since 2019. Personally I as an employee happy with that, but that definitely doesn't mean the same for my bosses. Most of that thinking that you are "his thing" and want to fully control you on workplace
Arbaaz
Our team at https://www.bigbinary.com/ is working remotely since a decade and that was our competitive advantage pre-covid hiring https://www.bigbinary.com/books/...
Olatz Urrutia
We have a flexible schedule, but I normally work remotly since I live 3h from office