Do you know a marketing trick that not a lot of people know or use but is really effective?

Ezgi Yeğinaltay
59 replies
One marketing trick that I've found to be really effective is using social proof. It could be in the form of customer reviews or testimonials, statistics about the number of people who have used your product, or even influencer endorsements. Do you know any marketing tricks that not a lot of people know but are really effective? I'm always looking for new ideas to try out.

Replies

Teekay Rezeau-Merah
Podcasting would be the one. It opened so many doors for me, but I've been doing it for over 4 years so consistency is key.
Igor Lysenko
Hello! I think even if they know, they are unlikely to say the key to their formula of life, because it brings them income.
Debajit Sarkar
If you are building a SaaS product then this marketing tool might come handy: Build free side projects related to your SaaS to drive traffic to paid product. This is a marketing strategy that involves creating free and useful tools or resources that are related to your main product, and using them to attract potential customers to your paid product. For instance, let's say your SaaS product is a video editing software. What you can do is build a free tool that helps people create video thumbnails or captions, and then promote your paid product as a more comprehensive solution for video editing. The idea is to provide value to your target audience and generate interest in your paid product.
@dsarkar Because of this strategy, I am able to find everything for free because someone is giving away other's paid products for free. 😅
Shubhangi
@dsarkar products like canva,Fueler are a great example of this
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@dsarkar This is an amazing technique that also got me using a lot of products lol
Richard Gao
@dsarkar Yep, this is what I'm doing with evoke-app.com by creating a free open source Bubble plugin :)
Abhimanyu Ghoshal
@dsarkar Good one! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand this is what product marketing managers do. They look for ways to attract people to their flagship product, and building free 'spinoff' tools is a great way to get eyeballs on that flagship. Another example of their work: say you run a SaaS. You could build a calculator that shows you how many hours your clients' teams spend on a certain task, and how much time they could save using your tool. This type of thing is obviously much more marketing-y, but my understanding is that both your example and mine fall under PMMs' roles.
Juliana
Yes, one marketing trick that can be really effective is offering free guides or ebooks. By offering valuable information for free, you can attract potential customers and establish yourself as an authority in your field. When people download your guide, they're giving you their contact information, which you can then follow up with and nurture the relationship. This gives a fantastic opportunity to build trust and demonstrate your expertise, making it more likely that they will eventually become either a customer of yours, or a valuable addition to your network. I think a lot of people know about this, but not many people go on to utilise this for their business.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@juliana_fr Freebies are amazing especially if they are educational!
Matthias Strafinger
Also interested. Need that one right now for my launch today. :)
Udayraj Parmar
Personalization. Tailor your message and offerings to each individual customer based on their behavior, preferences, and interests. It creates a stronger connection and increases the chances of a sale.
We focus on creating emotional connection with our audience. It has been proven that people often make purchasing decisions based on emotions more than logic, so building trust and loyalty through emotional connections will lead to more sales :)
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@sandradjajic I agree! We're so used to seeing people use hacks and tips that make them ignore the most important thing, emotions. It feels really good to connect with another person naturally rather than some hack.
Ishwar Jha
One trick that blown me away: I was watching an episode of Shark Tank India. A contestant who generates all her business through online and has 60% referral business said "Every morning, she publishes are social media between 6 - 7 am. When people wake up they check their mobile and notification which reminds them that they have to order the flour from her. 60% referral business by using one simple trick. Reminding customers every morning when they wake up.
Ishwar Jha
@richard_gao2 I feel it would work for other companies as well if you carefully plan, design and time your marketing engagements with your customer.
Hashir Ahmed
Yes, there's actually a marketing trick that's not commonly used but has been proven to be highly effective. It's "foot-in-the-door" technique, and it involves starting with a small request or favor that is easy for the customer to say yes to, and then following up with a larger request that requires more commitment. Let's say, if you're selling a subscription service, you could start by offering a free trial or a low-cost introductory offer, and then follow up with a request for a longer-term commitment. This technique has been shown to increase the likelihood of customers saying yes to the larger request, and can be a great way to build trust and loyalty with your audience.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@hashir_ahmed1 I think with this method you have to be really cautious with what you request each time. But it sounds useful. Thank you!
Jason T
An effective method that works for me is - start a YouTube channel and share your experience by providing high value content. Once a month hold a webinar where you answer questions that your viewers will post. Ask viewers to share their email ID so that you can share pdf files of your content with them.
Starting discussion like this... 😅
Anel Oruč
Hey there! Have you tried leveraging user-generated content? Not claiming it is not a well-known trick. But it can be really beneficial for your brand. You are reposting user-generated content on your own social media channels, with proper credit to the original creator. Additionally, you can run contests or giveaways that encourage users to create and share their own content related to your brand. By leveraging user-generated content, you can increase engagement, build your brand, and increase audience reach.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@anel_oruc Hi! Yes, I've tried leveraging user-generated content and let me tell you it works really well!
Elly
Thanks for sharing, I love PH for content like this, it's great to see other people commenting with such meaning.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@elly_cho My pleasure! I'm always curious to see what techniques and tricks beautiful-minded people have and use!
Nisa Meray
Many good tricks, and I will use them in the future. 😄 Thank you for the thread!
Richard Gao
Building in public of course! But a great one is also selling back to people that sell to you I've gotten promotional DMs and simply just promoted my services back to these people :)
Morgan Kung
There is a one I don't prefer but effective that is shockvertising, which means paying influencers to create controversy or generate buzz around a product. This approach can effectively to generate attention and engagement by deliberately sparking strong emotions and reactions among the target audience. While it generally work great in generating initial awareness, it can also be risky and potentially backfire if not executed carefully. That's the key point why I don't like it.
Ezgi Yeğinaltay
@inc_gemoo Yess! I've seen people use this technique. But the ones I've come across were big controversies. I guess there is a really thin line.
Divya
Use interactive content marketing
olivia David
Hello there, Yes, there are many marketing tricks that can be highly effective but not widely known. Here are a few to consider: Use "exit-intent" popups: These are popups that appear when a user is about to leave your website, offering them a special deal or discount to encourage them to stay or make a purchase. Personalize your marketing messages: Personalization is a powerful tool that can increase engagement and conversion rates. Use data to tailor your marketing messages to individual users, such as by addressing them by name or recommending products based on their previous purchases. Offer a free trial or demo: Giving potential customers the opportunity to try your product or service before they commit to purchasing can be highly effective in converting them into paying customers. Use scarcity tactics: Limited-time offers, low stock notifications, and other tactics that create a sense of scarcity can be highly effective in driving conversions. Leverage the power of storytelling: Use storytelling to create an emotional connection with your audience and make your brand more memorable. Share stories about your company's history, your team members, or even your customers to help humanize your brand. Use influencer marketing: Influencer marketing involves partnering with social media influencers to promote your brand to their followers. This can be a highly effective way to reach new audiences and build trust with potential customers. These are just a few examples of marketing tricks that can be highly effective when used correctly. Experiment with different tactics to see what works best for your brand and audience. Best Regards Olivia devid
Magic Mike Paine
I’ve found the “Trojan Horse” effect to work really well. No, it’s not a virus, but it’s about focusing on one aspect of your product or service that is different and really getting granular with the target audience. The messaging has to be compelling so they see a huge benefit for them to engage. Once they engage, as you’re explaining how it works, you show off the rest of your solution passively and see if they bite. Worst case scenario they buy your service for the first thing you promoted and you start growing the relationship, best case, they buy all of your services.
Azfar Ahmed
I saw many people using webinars that works like charm. Choose a topic relevant to your product and make a free live educational webinar. Promote your webinar topic, date and time on social media to get registrations. Send constant reminders before your webinar begins so that you have enough attendees showing up for live webinar. During your webinar at the end ask your attendees to join your product on live webinar itself or target them with emails afterwards.