Do you believe more in Motivation or Discipline?

Priyanka Saini
59 replies

Replies

Maurizio Isendoorn
Discipline! Or maybe motivation has just became a routine... Anyways, I'm launching Ringly.io today :) Would love your support! Click on my profile and then on the launch page😇
Yuki
@maurizioisendoorn u guys are disciplined that's for sure. salute and congrats on the launch maurizio!
Maurizio Isendoorn
@yukioyama Thanks Yuki!! We'll both support your launch as well.
Business Marketing with Nika
Discipline. If I relied on motivation... I would probably be dead. 😀
Felix Scholz
@busmark_w_nika Yeah! Motivation is great and all, but discipline really makes or breaks endeavors!
@fscholz It worked for me during training. Habit is an iron shirt, or it is said something like that :D
Yuki
@busmark_w_nika I can tell! You are probably the most disciplined PHer on here, you don't miss a day!
Sree
@busmark_w_nika actually it works hand in hand. The book Atomic Habits gives you an idea on that. The key is consistency. If you form a habit of doing something consistently, you tend to find motivation in it. You’d dread going to gym when starting out but after going at it consistently, you’d be more excited to go. This is the motivation that you build through discipline, and it’s very powerful if you hack this.
@sreenington There's one quote by Anna Lee Waldo that I heard when I used to instruct yoga classes: Plant a thought, harvest an act,” they sang. “Plant an act, harvest a habit; plant a habit, harvest a character; plant a character, harvest a destiny. There is something about that. We are built through habits :)
Bhargav Patel
Both! Discipline grabs me from home and put me in the office, motivation let me do that everyday!
Chris Liam
I value discipline more than motivation. Discipline keeps you going even when motivation fades.
Marie-Philippe Leblanc
@chrisliam Hey Chris! This is totally out of context, but your products looks cool! I'm excited to see it launch!
Chris Liam
@mplebl Thank you Marie! Hoping for your support on our launch.
Umar Saleem
Staying focused and sticking to your goals are both really important, but discipline is even more necessary for achieving things in the long run. It means keeping at it, making progress regularly, and forming good habits that help you succeed over time.
Demetre Mildiani
Discipline is great but just to be a devils advocate here how can you keep doing something over and over if you don't have motivation to do that?
Tiep Vu
I think each has its own power at certain points of time. Discipline for long term. Motivation for short.
Marie-Philippe Leblanc
I used to be a person of Motivation, but slowly becoming a discipline person and my findings are that: 1. Discipline becomes easier and easier as days go on 2. Discipline = more results = more motivation ✨ Btw! We're launching soon! Looking for all your supports (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...)
Diogo Maia Caetano
I think motivation is the kick, is what starts everything, but without discipline there is no motivation that can hold and thrive to success. I believe more in discipline.
Yuki
@diogomaiacaetano well said! i guess discipline is like the lubricant, keeps ur car wheels spinning after the engine ignition of motivation
Diogo Maia Caetano
@yukioyama definitely! Obviously having discipline and keeping up with it is extremely difficult, but if you keep working with discipline on a consistent basis, everything you aspire to, is probably going to get much easier to get.
Julia Engelsmann
I think a combination of both is important. You need a fire to keep you going, but without a routine and solid habits, it's useless
Gong Zijian
I lean more towards discipline, as it ensures consistency and progress even on days when motivation wanes. Discipline builds habits that become second nature, paving the way for sustained success.
D-Devil NightRaid
Discipline is the key
Kajal d4
Motivation... plays a crucial role in enhancing creative thinking and problem-solving.
Moaz Ahmad
Launching soon!
I think both motivation and discipline play crucial roles in achieving success. Motivation provides the initial spark and excitement to pursue a goal, while discipline is what keeps us going even when motivation fade away. Relying on one would be a mistake, and relying on both of them would be far better in the long term.
Emiliya Strahilova
It often takes a lot of discipline to keep your motivation at high levels. For high-pressure environments, it's essential to spend time shrugging off stress and negativity that have built up during the day.
Ruben Boonzaaijer
@emiliya_strahilova Really good product idea! I'm notified! ps. ringly.io is live today your support would help us out a lot
Elena Tsemirava
Discipline forever!
Phillip
Launching soon!
Discipline, but for getting out of your own way, to facilitate motivation. If I recall, my album's name 'Idea Cog Reverse Desire' was based on a similar idea. But not to be confused with striving. If one truly wants to know (the piece/s of knowledge that will make it easier to be motivated), then you're primed to discover what simple "discipline"* can redirect toward a place of flowing rather than striving. - also relating to the growth mindset, where negative events start making you better rather than worse, as the practice begins with non-resistance, being wherever you are - And, crucially, not identifying with local/individual thoughts and actions/imperfection (i.e. being on the right road, relating to the long-term, rather than dwelling on the immediate past what is locally haunting)
Ruben Boonzaaijer
@cleancuts Your product sounds interesting! I'm notified! ps. ringly.io is live today your support would help us out a lot
Nathalie
Both are important, but discipline is key. It's about consistency and commitment to goals even when motivation wanes. Discipline ensures progress even when motivation fluctuates.
Nitin Joshi
More in Discipline less in motivation.
Milli Sen
Discipline is more powerful than motivation.
Priyanka Saini
@millisen True!! Don't you think we need a little bit of motivation to stay disciplined and keep going? lol