Did you "ship" your product before you launched it?

Barış Bingöl
6 replies
How did you benefit from creating an up-coming page before you shipped your product?

Replies

Arda Helvacılar
Yes. However I assume I did to use that tool correctly.. I mean the page had only 6 subscribers and had no effect on the launch. BUT the product finished the day #1 ;)
Lara Tankal
@helvacilar I guess there is no way of knowing how you'll perform until the launch day comes. It is also possible that people subscribing to the up-coming page will not be hands-on on the launch. I think it eventually comes down to the product itself.
Arda Helvacılar
@lara_tankal yupp, a PM is essential even PH is the first barrier fur such
Lara Tankal
Creating an upcoming page is great for making announcements and gathering a number of subscribers prior to launch. It is definitely worth a shot, especially if your resources allow you to go with the Premium plan and get it featured on PH early on.
Julia Putzeys
It's pretty easy to put an upcoming page together, so I have one ahead of my launch. It gives you a place to send anyone that's interested before you set your launch date. Don't really see a reason not to do it.
Isaac Yeo
Creating an upcoming page for us allowed us to write blogposts. These posts would serve as a great way to engage readers and direct traffic to our site eventually through SEO. Writing posts also lets us get a better and thorough understanding of the market we are in. If you are still thinking about it, just do it!