Dear diary (we are live with Extensive Investor List) Here's my feelings!

Mary Kh
7 replies
https://www.producthunt.com/prod... It was written 30min before launch. Gosh, I am so excited! We're having our first Product Hunt launch. This is my first time as a project lead. I just wanted to say, guys I love you so much, heh I won't tell you about the product, hopefully the description and the web page will tell you about it more.   I'll tell you about my feelings. It's 30 minutes until launch, my heart is beating really hard and I'm writing this text. A week before the launch, a meeting for final approval of the landing page, our designer Lada comes to the meeting and says: "Well, I redid everything last night, look”. I thought, oh no, you didn't sleep well again, the first variant was okay, though. But then I saw what she did and realized that all our hard work wasn't for nothing. And just a week and a half before the lunch, Kostas, the CEO of Chatpoint, emailed me with his solution and I thought it would be a great way for us to all meet in person (check out the webpage I'm talking there ;). Hey @strange_steven1, we used your super simple solution AVAMAKER and created unified team avatars. Thanks btw I'm putting my heart and soul into this launch and I'm really looking forward to hearing your feedback. I'd be more than happy to chat with you guys in the comments about anything! I'll continue to write more about the experience with the product later.

Replies

Mary Kh
It's been 10 hours since we launched our product. At first, there were some issues with the links. Thing happens, right? But thanks to you all jumping in to comments, we solved it within the next hour. Seriously, thank you! The last thing we wanted was to promise something and not keep it. We even had to resend emails to make sure everyone got their message so maybe you got two emails from us, but the important thing is you got it! We really hit the ground from the start and kept the first position! Unfortunately, my team and I are scattered all over the world, but we shared the excitement over video chat. Ugh, the thrill of the race! The day before launching felt like for finals at university, that same mix of knowing the material but still freaking out at the last minute that you don't actually know anything (or in case of PH, that nothing was actually ready to go live!) There were so many comments from all of you, and I really wanted to respond to each one. No one told us about their fundraising experience, but after Extensive Investor List I bet someone will tell us all about it! Everything was going great. Then out of nowhere, another product shows up and starts racking up votes fast. We thought, "Well, that's the end". But it was only the beginning :) Whoops, we're the lead again! Whoops, second place. Whoops, third place. The big question was why, since there was lots of live activity. ***Go away for a couple hours.*** Came back, we were holding steady in third place. And you know what, can you believe it (i still can’t) We were dropped to sixth place! What a bust, a real bust! We contacted support but didn't get a clear answer. Something went wrong, but what? And here I am, about to falling asleep, the activity has died down, but we're still on the call chatting. Chatting for 10 hours straight with the team is actually pretty fun! Still to come, right?
Korkmaz Ozcan
Good luck with the launch!
Mary Kh
Hi again! It's been quite a while since my last posting here (2 months?). Remember us? https://www.producthunt.com/prod... Reflecting on our trip, I can say that it was an extremely fulfilling. We had everything we could have asked for and more, even though we did not get the first place. However, we realized that the point of the launch was to have fun and share the 12-hour experience with our team. I am still grateful for the experience, the people we got to know, and the chance to make our presence felt. Here’s our PH Review after launch ––– Initial Expectations: Day Rank #1, #2, #3 ––– Results: Day Rank #8 –––Timelines Design | Marketing March, 9 – March, 23 Airtable Dev. Earlier – March, 23 –––What went well? • Networking ! • Jampad landing visit traffic • Product Hunt Newsletter • Helping start-up Community –––Obstacles and/or challenges during the implementation Before Launch • Deadline shifts Launch Day • stress • forwarding emails • PH algorithms • non-working links in the very beginning First two hours: • upvoted and been active During the day: • not everyone participated in the launch • PH algorithms, dropping us to 6th place Stay tuned for our next big step, the launch of our flagship product. My best wishes to you, Mary | Project Lead of PH launch | Jampad team