Can people be truly genuine online?

Axel Villamil
7 replies
Where the line is between just transactional conversations and actual genuine care? I understand that this is the game we play but I find some of these discussions on Product Hunt and especially on LinkedIn sound so soulless. I'm not sure if anyone agrees but I would love to have a conversation around this.

Replies

Eden
yeah i rarely hang out on PH anymore because it's either AI or ppl just marketing themselves lol. i started acting the same way (posting for engagement and things like that) on twitter and PH and stopped when i realized it was making me depressed. now i just post whatever i'm actually thinking/feeling. yeah it doesn't get me as many followers but it feels better to be genuine.
Axel Villamil
@entreeden Thanks for sharing! Yeah the more I've been on places like PH and LinkedIn I'm just getting mentally drained by reading the "posts for engagement". I agree with you big time on all this.
Michael Shver
Well, a part of interactions on Product Hunt is basically marketing, a way to showcase your product and attract attention. But I think that there are different approaches to it. Some people come here just to launch, get their upvotes and disappear until they decide to launch something again. Others stay, become part of the regular community and build long-lasting connections.
Axel Villamil
@michaelshver Thank you for sharing! I agree, I think there is definitely a split in the users. What that ratio is I don't know but I do see people who are actively trying to be part of the community.
André J
Launching soon!
As with every SoMe. Follow the right people and the conversations become more authentic ;)
Nonye
Yes, I know that I am genuine.