Boring $16B SaaS market that grew 130% in the past 3 years

Stan Rymkiewicz
0 replies
Hey, every week I'm researching B2B SaaS categories to find the next big thing before it explodes. I share my research at CategorySurfers.com - but decided to share this report here. Any feedback is welcomed! What is it? An online form builder is a tool that lets you collect information. Software needs to include the following things to be included in that category: - Offer a drag-and-drop or simplistic interface that builds fillable forms - Provide native form-building features and do not rely on integrations to provide online form building - Allow users to share forms with an audience or embed forms in a website for data collection - Provide analytics on form submission data - Provide multiple templates for specific, distinct types of fillable forms Online form builders are mostly used to create order forms, feedback forms, satisfaction surveys, and application forms (i.e., you apply for something). Who’s the buyer? Depends. On the use case, on your pitch, and your positioning! It can be the founder or any other department, to be honest. 61% of buyers are in the SMB segment, 28% in the mid-market, and 11% in the enterprise market. What is the problem? The problem is simple and painful. You need information from the other person so forms allow you to ask for it so then you can use it for something else (analyze, automate and manipulate). Usually, forms are embedded on a website or sent via email to a prospect. Most players focused on the first aspect. How big is the market? The top 10 players bring about $720M in ARR. The combined annual revenue of all players in the market is north of $16B. How fast is it growing? In the past 3 years, the market's supply side has grown 127% with an average of 33% year-over-year growth. How much are people paying? These tools are more of the community, so there is always a free plan. Paid plans are from $30/mo up to $100/mo. How are they buying? It’s mostly a freemium model. Rarely do form builders require a demo. If they do, they’re reserved for enterprise clients.
🤔
No comments yet be the first to help