Books or audiobooks?

Viola Schoell
37 replies
I love both reading a book myself and listening to audiobooks while I'm on the road or cleaning the house. How about you?

Replies

Arif Woozeer
Books will be on my top list. I can understand them more and makes me focus on it. Plus, the scent of it is addicting.
Ofir Kruvi
Never been able to listen to audiobooks, the point of reading a book for me aside from the actual content is the ink and paper, otherwise I'd prefer watching a Youtube video.
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
@ofir_kruvi I can totally see your point, but I wouldn't want to give up my audiobooks. Whilst it's great to watch YouTube videos, when I'm cleaning that's not really an option, so audiobooks are the better choice for me for those activities :D
Haralds Gabrāns Zukovs
Books over audio books because it is easier, at least for me, to concentrate on the plot! :)
Business Marketing with Nika
Books. I like the smell of the paper :)
Nataliya Trotsenko
I also enjoy a mix of reading and audiobooks! Reading allows me to dive deep into the story at my own pace, while audiobooks are perfect for fitting more books into my busy schedule. They make tasks and commutes so much more enjoyable.
Boris Markarian
Both, last time I prefer audiobooks, because I listen to them in gym!
Olesia Melnichenko
My take is that paper books are old school, though much more enjoyable. I cuddle with a crime story, sip a cup of joe, and just unwind. Perfect! However, I happen to listen to audiobooks as well (when I am on the road, for instance).
Jon Whitby
Launching soon!
I lean towards audiobooks for biographies, especially when narrated by the author—it adds a personal touch. For educational material, I prefer physical books for the ease of highlighting and tabbing key points.
Milli Sen
Both. But prefer audiobooks more.
Dan O'Malley
I'm a big fan of physical books. I've tried audiobooks but it's not as enjoyable an experience for me.
David Popescu
Might be oldschool, but definelty books. Even though an audio book may be more time-effcient, I always seem to pay more attention and gain more knowledge when I read a book, rather than just listening to it. How do you feel about this?
Domas Sakavickas
I prefer books.vI gave an audiobook a try once, and within a few minutes, my thoughts had completely drifted away from it 😄
Yan Fernandes
Oh, I really like to use both. I usually read a book in the morning and listen to audiobooks while I'm on the road or training. And yes, there are moments when I stop my gym session because my brain is exploding with an idea, but that's okay, I like it. Haha.
Abdullah Al Afique
Both. Currently reading Essentialism.
Heyalbert
I prefer audiobooks because I get motion sickness when reading in the car, so audiobooks allow me to enjoy books anytime, anywhere.
Kateryna Ostapenko💙💛
If there were a scale from book to movie, I'd place audiobooks closer to movies. The reason is that with a book, I can really go at my own pace, reread the page if I liked something, but with audiobooks, I have to follow the narration at the same speed. Plus, the way the narrator interprets a book and their intonation adds too much to the character; I like to imagine all of that on my own.
Samuel Rondot
The Death of Ivan Ilyich is the only audiobook I have ever listened but ended up reading it again in paper to truly make one with the book. But audiobooks are probably ok for personal development, learning etc
Nolan Wang
Love both!! On a side note, can we take a second to appreciate how genius the monthly credit feature is? Instead of cash? I find the rise in my audiobook consumption super interesting. I use Audible all the time, and tbh, as a subscription goes, it's really not cheap. Every time I try to cancel, I realize how many free credits I have left, and I hate to waste it, so I download a few more, end up listening and forget all about canceling my subscription. I would imagine I'm not the only one doing this? You win, Amazon lol
Rupal Saini
Books for reading while walking in the garden, and audiobooks for comfortably sitting in the room and listening.
Loane
books I like the feeling to have it in ur hands