Anyone uses Pinterest to drive web traffic (ex. bloggers, e-commerce sites)?

Ericka Gonzalez
9 replies
Curious to know if anyone here uses Pinterest to engage and attract potential customers. It's often the most overlooked social network. However, it's the only one that functions as a visual search engine, making it one of the best places to get more traffic to your website.

Replies

Lother Blunk
It has a lot of potential but you have to be patients to get right audience as it take time to grow. A platform with 70% of Females so try to choose niche related to females. Try to target weak nerve so you make bucks. I started website about pinterest too and will share stats with you soon.
Ericka Gonzalez
@lutharrblunk Thanks for the insight! Definitely need to post multiple pins a day for growth, while having a good SEO strategy. And yes, would love to see the stats
Oscar Mairey
I heard a lot of great stuff about pinterest, which seems to work absolutely for well designed products. Rather that be bottles of wine (a friend of mine drove a tons of sales) or a SaaS (posting your landing page might get you a lot of traffic) its works very good!
Ericka Gonzalez
@cesarioo Wine bottles! That’s awesome, wouldn’t think of promoting alcohol products on Pinterest. Thanks for sharing, I’m actually a Pinterest strategist (bloggers being my main source of clients) and was curious to see what others thought about Pinterest. The platform is often overlooked and many people don’t even know that Pinterest VA’s, managers, and strategists are a thing!
Raisa Shafiyyullah
Recently, I watched a few YouTube videos about generating traffic from Pinterest. It's interesting how people are doing it. You need to add visually appealing images that are informative or valuable. Infographics and product mockups work great on Pinterest.
Ericka Gonzalez
@raisans Definitely! The visual appearance of the pin is important, but the SEO behind it I would say is even more important! Thanks for insight, I’m actually a Pinterest strategist (mainly serve bloggers) and it’s so interesting seeing how much traffic they get to their blogs through Pinterest; great for affiliate marketing as well.
Raisa Shafiyyullah
@ericka_gonzalez Very true! SEO of the post / image is important. People are starting to discover that in Pinterest. Cool! So, you do SEO from Pinterest?
Ericka Gonzalez
@raisans Yes, SEO is one of the things I do. I have multiple package offerings for clients and these can range from simple Pinterest management (pinning, scheduling, optimizing account) to Strategy (analyze, monitor, and improve analytics, optimize website for Pinterest, competitor analysis, etc.). Would love to know what you do :).
Raisa Shafiyyullah
@ericka_gonzalez Hi Ericka, that's really cool that you're focusing on a niche market like Pinterest. I think it's going to work well for you since most people start their social media journey with Facebook and Instagram, and often neglect Pinterest or skip it altogether. However, nowadays, people are turning to Pinterest to grow their traffic and audience, which makes it interesting. I was in a few startups before and now I'm doing my own and just launched one of my products it's a productized service for design (http://designbear.net/).