Anyone transitioned from 9-5 job to founding a company?

Slim Geransar
16 replies
Pretty nerve wrecking when you go from doing one specific task to now managing everything. Community and support is everything so you don’t feel alone. How did you feel when transitioning?

Replies

Jeff Fajans
I felt energized and on purpose.
Ramit Koul
I am very soon going to be on this transition. Honestly, I am really excited for the unknowns ahead and at the same time, pretty nervous as well for the same reasons mentioned by you. Hope it turns out well for me and I become a better version of myself even if I fail miserably.
Jonathan Tahiry
Can wait to transition! But making sure I can make 5 times what I am earning in 9-5 before doing so 😅
@jonathantahiry that’s kind of my thinking, and I need to constantly be making the same or more before I fully leave my work.
Kyle DeSana
Definitely a shift. I'm in the midst of doing both at the moment and it's tough.
@kyle_desana same as me, I’m currently in both. When do you plan to make the full transition?
André J
Launching soon!
Already did it 3 years ago. Just jump with out a parachute. you will be fine!
@sentry_co haha, love the analogy. Pretty nerve wrecking. But in order to grow I need to get uncomfortable
André J
Launching soon!
@slimmy82 Oh it will be uncomfortable. It will be the hardest and most rewarding thing you ever did times 10. But it equals out so its worth it!
Chris Lester
I was fired? Decided I could continue down a path I didn’t enjoy or I could take a leap of faith
@chrislester so you took a leap of faith?
Priya Agarwal
I made the transition very early into my company but it’s been great to work full-time on it! I don’t think I would have made close to as much progress if I hadn’t quit my job :) As long as you have a solid backup, taking the risk is always worth it
@priya_agarwal15 I like your thinking. Have a solid backup and go for it! I totally agree though, working full time doesn’t allow you much time on building your company.
Adithyan Selvaraj
I've started to work on an idea. The next step is to create a business plan and revenue model.