AI Launching Soon - Need Validation before launch and quick-fixes to product before then

Nicole Ogloza
14 replies
Hi all! I am currently going to launch on PH with a social media and interactive news interface, that uses AI to mitigate misinformation and political polarization. Currently, our site is https://etha.one and wanted to see if you can check it out and tell us how you feel about the idea! For right now, it allows you to up and down vote politicians about what they say in news media and in early stages. Thanks!

Replies

Chris B
Love the idea and it is very much needed in the world after recent events. Best of luck and do say if I can help out at all
Jan Beisheim
I like the idea! How are the quotes selected? How do you plan to monetize or is it a non-profit project? When do you launch?
Nicole Ogloza
@jan_beisheim We aren't non-profit ;) we launch tomorrow April 5th!!! Could you let me know what you mean about quotes? Monetization is not typical like most social media's. We will actually be using data (user insights NOT PERSONAL DATA) to sell to polling orgs, government and campaign so that politicians can be careful of how they campaign. There will be 4 AI's that will make up the majority of this to be possible. šŸš€ Etha's features āœ… LeaderQ score ratings: the overall, aggregated public rating of a politicians personal performance; ranked through AI and human crowdsourced ratings -think of this as a report card! āœ… Real-time public sentiment analytics on politician/statement rating; acts as a reports card for politicians and issues āœ… Main user feed of intelligently curated crowdsourced videos and news to vote and debate on - users can create general user profiles to comment and debate on news stories šŸ Coming Soon āœ… Origination Source - our powerful AI will be able to find the first time a statement was ever originated on the web. For instance, if a story was picked up by a national media house, most come from smaller blogs (with pranksters begging for attention). The AI can track the statements path and how it ended up as a headline of national news! āœ… Daily AI sourced briefings: when a user signs up for an account, they will receive daily briefings i.e. the current trending news. The users would be able to browse through these news articles and interact with them, which would add to the analytics of the daily briefing. āœ… Timelines - have a timeline of when a story first originated, and track narratives and patterns in news, while comparing it to the current narratives of the media. Product Hunt link for tomorrow's launch! https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Jan Beisheim
@nicole_ogloza got it. I like the monetization approach and can see this working out. I mean how is the AI deciding which statement will be featured? Politicians around the world give a lot of statement every day.
Jan Beisheim
@nicole_ogloza thans for sharing your launch link. Will surely support. Heads-up: by clicking the link you sent you invite people to join as maker. Was this intended?
Nicole Ogloza
@jan_beisheim https://www.producthunt.com/post... Sorry about that. Accidentally copied the wrong link! Let me know if this one looks correct...and leads you to the right page! haha IF that doesn't work, I will repost here as soon as we are live. Still kinda new to PH platform. >.< Thanks for supporting! Really means a lot. We will be adding 15 FAQ's to our launch tomorrow (from each team member) that can answer that question and more about the technology and how our AI will work in great detail. But until then, the AI decides statements that are featured across multiple media houses and are graded based on a similarity index, which classifies similar articles together and extracts the statements made by the politician's. The duplicates are then automatically removed and after a little due diligence on our part the statements are fed into the system. Different news sources have 7 different factors that would ultimately define the metric, which we can call the credibility of those news sources. Regarding the second part of the question. We will have localization for the various regions we will be operating in which would mean that news relevant or followed by the user would be readily accessible as a part of the home feed, whereas, the articles that are not featured on the feed, can still be looked up on the platform.
Nicole Ogloza
@jan_beisheim response below! Let me know if you have other questions! Would be happy to help answer them. :D
Daniel Engels
I leke the idea. Your project requires a critical mass of users to make sense; that might be hard to achieve but I wish you best luck with this!