Absolutely! Are they bots or humans?

Anshul Raghav
23 replies
Recently I've discovered many comments and discussions starting with the word "Absolutely". Wondering if those are real people or just bots.

Replies

Alexis Devenport
Absolutely, I've noticed the same! 😂
Anshul Raghav
@alexisdevenport what are you? get away from me. you bot!
Elena Tsemirava
It's difficult to determine based on just one word. I need to see the entire post to draw a conclusion. But bots on PH are quite common.
@elenat agree, I use absolutely a lot and I’m not a bot. At least I don’t think I am. Generally I determine AI responses if they don’t seem authentic, they are more educational responses without personality
Rene Bystron
I wonder if it's bots or just lazy folks using chatgpt to write comments...I can see someone fine-tuning a GPT on a couple of these discussion forums and the bot coming to the conclusion that "absolutely!" is the way to start haha
Rene Bystron
@slimmy82 so scary that soon I won't be able to know if you're joking or are just a bot joking. Brave New World, I guess!
Chalie Clark
Dear, Starting comments with "Absolutely" is a common human expression. However, it's possible that some could be generated by bots or automated systems.
Carol Moh
I'm definitely guilty of using "absolutely" when I start a comment if I agree with a post/discussion/comment. I would like to caveat that I use this as a response often in person too so I tend to write how I speak if it's not for formal writing n😂
Markk Tong
Launching soon!
Anshul, it's pretty intriguing how certain words become trendy, even in comment sections—whether it's the work of bots or just a human habit, it definitely sparks curiosity. I guess we're all a bit programmed in our responses, aren't we?
Vincent Xu
Launching soon!
Anshul, it's quite the conundrum, isn't it? It seems 'Absolutely' has become the go-to affirmation, but I'd wager most are genuine people echoing a popular sentiment!
Absolutely, Anshul, it's a curious pattern indeed! It seems like a common affirmation that both enthusiastic humans and programmed bots have adopted.
Summer Kim
That's a really interesting question. I've never doubted it before! Maybe people end up using the same words unconsciously because they see similar comments from others? I should also pay close attention to the comments sometime.
Ashna khan
Absolutely!!! wowed i just highlighted that yesterday