How are modern working concepts influenced by the current pandamic?

Alexander Fournier
3 replies
Is the current situation harmful or a chance-giver for "New Work"?

Replies

Ronan Wall
I think we're always in a state of 'change' @fresh_food and the only difference right now is the pace of change. We've seen 10 years of growth in 6 months in certain trends (i) store commerce-to online (ii) on premise working to remote and (iii) full time to freelance IMO those who embrace these trends will find opportunity, those who fight it will find it hard.
Mr Ethar Alali
Chance-giver. definitely! A few things on it: 1. Frustratingly for me, I used to evangelise it and even set up a new business to do all this 9 years ago. We still work this way, so the pandemic hasn't touched us 2. Not everyone will want it. So companies shouldn't go "remote-only", but have some way of including a small workspace (e.g. co-working spaces - but check health & safety) 3. It doesn't stand alone. It needs other cutting edge working practises to go with it.
Dragos Bulugean
I think it all depends on your own perspective. Some people can see the bad things in everything and get stressed by the situation. I'm more of an optimistic guy, I think there are a lot of things to learn and improve if you want to have a growing business in the pandemic scenario.