5 tips ChatGPT told me about email management and I like 3 of them.

Ken Lian
17 replies
I have to deal with a lot of emails and ChatGPT told me these 5 tips to manage it. 1. Set specific times to check your emails instead of constantly checking throughout the day. 2. Create a system to organize your emails so you can find what you need easily. 3. Respond to important emails quickly and give them a priority. 4. Use email filters and automation tools to make organizing your inbox easier. 5. Regularly unsubscribe from unnecessary email lists and keep your inbox clutter-free. By following these tips, you can effectively handle your emails and keep your inbox organized. I find 1.3.5 very helpful. especially 5, the first thing I do in the morning is to block and unsubscribe emails that I don't want to see again so I am getting fewer emails with better focus. My unread emails are down to a signal digit now. Let me know if you have suggestions about 2 and 4. Hope this help!

Replies

Atul
I like these ones.
Navin Peiris
Nice list! I do all of them apart from #2. I don’t brother organising them as such as that’s another thing I need to spend time maintaining, and instead I delete everything I don’t want and just archive the ones I might, and Gmail search has been fantastic in the rare occasion I need to find one again. I’ve been maintaining inbox zero for a few months now, and can’t recommend it enough.
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
@navinpeiris that is amazing, everytime I see zero for the inbox I feel like the entire world is at peace, haha. yes, deleting is the key to keeping fewer emails.
Navin Peiris
@kenlian haha, definitely! Also once you get to inbox zero, I find maintaining it a breeze cos it’s easier and less stressful sorting out any new email
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
Hey, let me know how is your mailbox looks like right now:
5 Answers
Carmela Padasas
See lavender.ai by @mballance @will_allred for #4 . for number 2, I create labels.
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
@mballance @will_allred @carmela_padasas Hey Carmela, I want to learn more about labels, what will be a good way to organize it? like, label people as "investors”, “marketers" or "developers"?
Jeremy Lopez
Unsubscribing from pointless emails, for sure. I appreciate the tips. @kenlian
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
@j_lopez_226 yeah, there was a time I watched my coworker open her mailbox and the first thing she did was click and delete ten emails without even open them and I was shock! Like what? And she says yeah, you don’t want to waste your time and moon with them. And that was like a Aha moment for me!
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
@j_lopez_226 totally get that, that is why I was shocked when I first saw people delete without open them. But you can tell from the subject line that you can delete without open it. Some just needs extra step, I use block over delete, you can still keep the copy even you block them. Just no showing up on your unread anymore.
Eugene Sanders
I like the list, Gonna try doing the same and wish me luck thanks @kenlian
Carl Brook
Number 1 and number 3 contradict, right? ....but I do like number 1 😂