5 tips ChatGPT told me about email management and I like 3 of them.

Ken Lian
17 replies
I have to deal with a lot of emails and ChatGPT told me these 5 tips to manage it. 1. Set specific times to check your emails instead of constantly checking throughout the day. 2. Create a system to organize your emails so you can find what you need easily. 3. Respond to important emails quickly and give them a priority. 4. Use email filters and automation tools to make organizing your inbox easier. 5. Regularly unsubscribe from unnecessary email lists and keep your inbox clutter-free. By following these tips, you can effectively handle your emails and keep your inbox organized. I find 1.3.5 very helpful. especially 5, the first thing I do in the morning is to block and unsubscribe emails that I don't want to see again so I am getting fewer emails with better focus. My unread emails are down to a signal digit now. Let me know if you have suggestions about 2 and 4. Hope this help!

Replies

Navin Peiris
Nice list! I do all of them apart from #2. I don’t brother organising them as such as that’s another thing I need to spend time maintaining, and instead I delete everything I don’t want and just archive the ones I might, and Gmail search has been fantastic in the rare occasion I need to find one again. I’ve been maintaining inbox zero for a few months now, and can’t recommend it enough.
Navin Peiris
@kenlian haha, definitely! Also once you get to inbox zero, I find maintaining it a breeze cos it’s easier and less stressful sorting out any new email
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
@navinpeiris that is amazing, everytime I see zero for the inbox I feel like the entire world is at peace, haha. yes, deleting is the key to keeping fewer emails.
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
Hey, let me know how is your mailbox looks like right now:
5 Answers
Eugene Sanders
@kenlian Hopefully could turn them into zero. Soon enough !
Carmela Padasas
See lavender.ai by @mballance @will_allred for #4 . for number 2, I create labels.
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
@mballance @will_allred @carmela_padasas Hey Carmela, I want to learn more about labels, what will be a good way to organize it? like, label people as "investors”, “marketers" or "developers"?
Jeremy Lopez
Unsubscribing from pointless emails, for sure. I appreciate the tips. @kenlian
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
@j_lopez_226 yeah, there was a time I watched my coworker open her mailbox and the first thing she did was click and delete ten emails without even open them and I was shock! Like what? And she says yeah, you don’t want to waste your time and moon with them. And that was like a Aha moment for me!
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
@j_lopez_226 totally get that, that is why I was shocked when I first saw people delete without open them. But you can tell from the subject line that you can delete without open it. Some just needs extra step, I use block over delete, you can still keep the copy even you block them. Just no showing up on your unread anymore.
Jeremy Lopez
@kenlian I don't want to miss any essential emails. That's both humorous and terrifying.
Eugene Sanders
I like the list, Gonna try doing the same and wish me luck thanks @kenlian
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
@sanders1_eugene lol, be the email zero master!
Carl Brook
Number 1 and number 3 contradict, right? ....but I do like number 1 😂
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
Atul
I like these ones.