How can I improve my copywriting skills?

Roman in Berlin
4 replies
I was listening to a podcast today on the importance of copywriting and how it being good at it has positive effects on your business. A lot of us makers, designers and developers aren't always the best writers – myself included. So I'm looking for ways to improve my skills. Does anyone have recommendations for books or other resources on improving copywriting skills or any tips in general?

Replies

EH
The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heath The Adweek Copywriting Handbook by Joe Sugarman Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy The Copywriter's Handbook by Robert Bly Reality in Advertising by Rosser Reeves The Well-Fed Writer by Peter Bowerman My Life in Advertising and Scientific Advertising by Claude C. Hopkins Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini Hey Whipple, Squeeze This by Luke Sullivan How Brands Become Icons: The Principles of Cultural Branding by Douglas B Holt Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz The Book of Gossage by Howard Gossage
Roman in Berlin
Wow that's a great list! Looks like I have a lot of reading ahead of me :) Gonna head over to library today and see what they have so that I can start. Thank you so much for sharing this, @eve_hammond
EH
@bejnar if you want to test the books out before buying them, do a google search for "Library Genesis" ;)
Amanda Trincher
Always research the best writers or agencies. I often follow cool writers or copywriters who often have good ideas or techniques that I can also use in my work.