Need your feedback on my free guide for stratups

Anna Melkova
11 replies
Hey guys. I need your feedback on my product. I gathered usefuls tips on 1. how validate an idea for a startup 2. how to describe your startup effectively 3. how to create a pitch deck 4. how to make a meeting with investors etc. I studied a lot of materials from pre-accelerators' programs, read YCombinator, Alchemist blog and talked to different founders. I united this into the guide Please, take a look at it and leave your feedback,. Thank you very much! PH: https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Robin Nessensohn
hi anna :) great idea and I'm sure you put a lot of effort into collecting all the info! Therefore I would really recommend not to give this product away "for free". I don't mean you should make people pay but get some signup info from them (e.g. email address, name, maybe location or industry). This will help you to better address your customers and follow up on their needs! Also, while I really like the Pitch Deck part, which is very detailed, the funding round part is a bit scarce. If it says in the title of the document "How to find investors, get investments, and grow" I would expect a bit more details. Hope that helps :)
Anna Melkova
@robin_nessensohn Hi Robin:) Wow, thank you for your feedback. This is very valuable to me. I agree that we need to have sign up form to address the customers because now I don't even understand whether people read it or not. We are preparing a web page with a signup form on the readymag platform. So, it's coming soon:) Regarding the funding rounds part I will definitely think to describe it in detail in the next iteration. Thank you!
Robin Nessensohn
@anya_vassenko you're welcome! maybe I could also list your guide on our website 🤔 We just launched a website that summarizes many innovation resources! It's called www.reallygoodinnovation.com We also just developed a signup bot so please feel free to get inspiration from there! Also, would you mind giving me some feedback for my page www.reallygoodinnovation.com ? Is it too complex? and what do you think about the sign-up bot? Thanks a lot!
Anna Melkova
@robin_nessensohn This is a good idea, Robin:) I will send you the link to my new landing page as soon as it is ready. I like the idea of your website. I've just registered and I am interested in finding good tools and courses. What I wish you have on your first page is what a user will get after registration on your website and a short description of your platform. For example, join to generate ideas or join the community to discover marketing tools/resources. And a 2-3 short description of your platform. Here is a good example https://onlinegeniuses.com/. Also I would love to see a progress bar during the registration process (I saw that there are number of steps in the url but progress bar seems to be more convenient here). Re bot I like it very much. I like the pictures and motivational phrases. I would recommend asking questions about the resources to link to your website and the items the user wants to add into the profile at later stages. Thanks !
Robin Nessensohn
@anya_vassenko niiice thanks for the feedback! Btw can you let me know if you received an email after onboarding? or did it land in your spam folder? So would you like to have the content of the "All-access pass" page already on the first page? Good idea! We will see how we could implement a bit more explanation! Reg the progress bar, you mean in the on-boarding bot? Thanks!!
Anna Melkova
@robin_nessensohn I did not get a email. I checked the spam folder but it's empty. Yes, I would like to have it. Yes, I mean the progress bar during the whole process of on-boarding. As far as I remember there were some other steps after the conversation with the bot. Thanks.