How do you deal with uncertainty in your startup?

Kevin
3 replies
Working on a thing that could or should pay your bills but yet doesn't can be daunting. Especially when bills keep coming in. ;) For me, it's: - thinking that people signed up for the newsletter/beta so there is demand even though the market is super-crowded. - feedback of other founders and potential customers - setting goals and experiment so that I at least can say what currently works or doesn't.

Replies

Abadesi
I find it helpful to have milestones that move me closer to my growth and revenue goals. I can focus all my activity on the next milestone, and then celebrate when I reach it, or adjust my strategy when I don't. Having focus also helps with the mental health challenges that can come with uncertainty - that way I'm not too overwhelmed with too many decisions.
Niko Wallner
A professionally completed discovery phase can solve your problem. When you see your product is needed, you don't worry about its success.
Astha Sharma
For me it's knowing that despite heavy advertising one week, there are still people finding and using the product! It shows that it is of actual use.