10 Tips to Be the Product of the Day πŸš€ AMA πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Elif Duran
119 replies
We launched BeforeSunset on November 2, 2022, and were the #3 product of the day. Let’s dive into the tips and tricks! You can ASK ME ANYTHING! Before we start, with this launch, we gained: 932 upvotes (Currently 1114 and counting) 1300+ website traffic between November 1st and 3rd 124 signups as of November 7th We continue to get website traffic of 250-300 a day. 🀺 Be active on the platform Being active in the discussion part as a whole team beforehand provided us with great feedback. It is a literal 24-hour battle- the more people you reach out to, the better. πŸ’» Get in touch with people You need to reach out to people and let them know about your upcoming launch. We began to keep up with the latest launches and reached out to people who gave upvotes or commented on launches before our date. This way, we created our list of supporters. πŸ“² Use social media Both before launch and during launch, social media can make a difference. Announce on all social media channels that you will be launching soon. Then share your milestones with your community on the launch day. πŸ“„ Create an upcoming page It’s so important to keep in mind that creating an upcoming page isn’t enough by itself. You have to pay an amount of money to make your product visible on the upcoming launches page. You need to decide on a catchy tagline and a logo design. They will do the job of catching the attention of people. 🎣 Hunt the hunter We wanted to increase our chances of being noticed and also make it to the top of the products of the day list- that’s why we decided to go with a hunter. Still, you have the option to play the role of a hunter yourself. πŸ“† Save the date The launch day is much more important than you could ever imagine. Thursdays are the most competitive days, with Wednesdays coming in second. If your whole aim is to finish the day as the #1 Product of the Day, you can choose to launch on the weekends. But our main aim was to gain website traffic. So our launch date was on Wednesday. πŸ›¬ Create a Product Hunt landing page It was an important step because creating a Product Hunt landing page gave us an opportunity to welcome hunters and ask for feedback to build BeforeSunset together in a sincere way. Try to be transparent and explain your product in the most effective way. πŸ“Ή Shoot a video One of the best ways to get people interested in your product and its story is to add an interactive video showcasing its features. ☒ Stay active and be responsive The Product Hunt community is encouraged to take part in the conversation and offer feedback on the day of the launch. Long story short, respond as soon as possible to everyone who expresses interest in your product. πŸ›© Be organized Being well-organized is crucial right now. Create a document (we used Notion) and write everything down there. Don't forget to make a column for each time frame, such as "before launch," "during launch," and "after launch." We also had continuous tasks like outreach. The day prior, we plotted out our schedule down to the hour. We also organized our team into subgroups to handle various responsibilities, such as responding to feedback and providing help, as well as maintaining outreach efforts. You can check out our launch page: https://www.producthunt.com/post... let us know if you have any questions or feedback. All the tips I’ve just shared for you have some proven effects, but they are not enough- and I am aware of that. If you want to be fully equipped before your launch, you can read our very detailed blog here: https://www.usebeforesunset.com/... If you still have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me!

Replies

mariaterzi
super helpful! thanks!
Satish Kumar Veluri
Impressive write up of your insight. Such insights help audience in similar situation. Love your commitment and work style.πŸ™Œ
Elif Duran
@satish_kumar_veluri Thank you Satish, we really worked hard and will continue to this, will publish side projects once in a month and keep the community updated πŸ’ͺ🏼
Maria Hayat
Hi @elifduran thanks for sharing your insights. I wanted to ask, how effective was it to pay the amount to make your upcoming page appear in the upcoming launches page? We have an upcoming page set up here: https://www.producthunt.com/upco... and have decent subscribers on there, but need to grow to hit the numbers we'd like
Elif Duran
@maria_hayat If you created your logo and tagline as catchy as possible, you can attract people's attention. Reach out to people and ask them to subscribe to your upcoming page, this is the best way to increase the numbers. When they subscribe, their followers get notified too. But, there is a recent update in Product Hunt, coming soon part. I will try for our side-project launch and check if do we need a paid upcoming for the next launches.
Edun Kerry
congats duran!πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ wow you've just shared a ton of valuable gems here! super excited to try them out for my upcoming product launch heres the product landing page btwπŸ‘‡πŸ½ https://www.producthunt.com/upco...
Neri Raanani
Congrats on your great launch and thanks so much for sharing all of these gem insights. 😍 After launching last week, I'd like to add and emphasize that building the community of supporters is probably the thing teams should focus on most and invest the most efforts on. Do you agree?
Elif Duran
@neri_raanani You are very welcomed 😊 For the question, I totally agree with you, at the end of the day, our aim is to be seem, hear thoughts and improve the products with users, so taking support is essential, if you dont have a community already.
Kavuri Adwani
Great😊Thanks for sharing
Aviv Bergman
Good information....😊
Burak SERPEN
The launch was magnificent! πŸ™Œ 🀩 I want to congratulate you & all of your teammates at BeforeSunset... πŸŽ‰ My question is: How many subscribers did you have on your upcoming page before launch?
Elif Duran
@brksrpn Thank you very much, Burak! We had exactly 277 subscribers until the launch day. We also used the Slack integration of the Ship feature, when there is a new subscriber, a new message is received in the channel, it was a good motivation for us (we did a competition in our team for outreach, and I highly recommend it, had so much fun πŸŽ‰).
Burak SERPEN
@elifduran A ''competition amongst team'' sounds very helpful... Thank you for the great tips Elif, they are going to be my #1 source on my launch process! πŸ™πŸΌπŸ§‘
Jacopo Lai
So happy for you @elifduran πŸŽ‰ We are coming with our product's first version next month and these insights are of great help! Could you please help with the hunter point? How to find a good hunter?
Elif Duran
@jacopo_lai Thank you Jacopo! We reached all the hunters, some did not return, and some said it is a paid activity. We did not want to pay, because being hunted by someone else does not mean that you will be supported, but can provide a higher chance. For the next launches, we will be our own hunters, since we are active community members, we guess our supporters will be there.
Alessandro Canella
Once again, congratulations Elif! πŸŽ‰ Great insights!
Alick
good advices, thx 11 - close product hunt and browser at all πŸ˜€
Evan Paul
Thank you for sharing this @elifduran We are planning our next ProductHunt launch soon. And this helps :)
bijal dave
Such a comprehensive lift! Bookmarking it !
Eugene Yarovoii
Great insights! I was really looking for a post like this to prepare before my first launch. Thank you!
Mutlu Sakar
Hey , thx for the sharing. How did you find popular hunters and how did you approach them?
Elif Duran
@mutlusakar You can find products that are similar to yours and note down their hunters (on the Product Hunt website) or check from here the popular hunters: https://upvote-bell.com/leaderboard Our approach was, to find a supportive hunter. As I mentioned, the hunter is not important if you take enough time to engage with the community.
Fabiana Cm
Thank you for taking the time to compile and sharing all of your insights during a very busy moment.
Nathan Kridler
We are preparing for a launch this week. This is helpful. Thank you for sharing! 🫢
Cedric
Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your launch!