What people like about Product Hunt
Product Hunt's news
- LaunchBet you didn’t see this one coming. Introducing, for the first time ever, Product Hunt Rewind. Find out how your contributions helped shape Product Hunt in 2022 and how you compare to other users. 👀•
- LaunchIntroducing Product Hunt for iOS and Android✨Your all-new Product Hunt apps are here with the cleanest designs yet and all your favorite features from your desktop!•
- LaunchIntroducing Product Hubs and Launch Pages ✨Product Hubs are a new place to learn everything there is to know about a product’s journey: launches, reviews, awards, news, Makers… And Launch Pages have been updated to better celebrate your next favorite thing!•
- Announcement#3 Product of the day2021 Shout-Outs ranked 3rd Product of the day for Dec 29, 2021 with 167 upvotes and 39 commentsDec 29, 2021
- Launch'Tis the time to express gratitude!
So we are bringing Shout-Outs back! Highlight and celebrate makers and products that made 2021 incredible. Add your thanks and give recognition to those you appreciate.•
- Announcement#3 Product of the dayProduct Hunt Early ranked 3rd Product of the day for Aug 7, 2020 with 263 upvotes and 30 commentsAug 7, 2020
- LaunchMissing an invite to the most hyped TestFlight apps? We were too. So we made a thing. We will send you a new unreleased app every Friday.•
Questions about Product Hunt
If someone else has already hunted your product, you have two options. One: Make the most of this opportunity, and launch again later when you’re ready. Two: Let us know ASAP and we’ll help. Learn more.
You can launch as often as you have new significant product iterations available. Learn more here.
The best day to launch is the day on which you’re most prepared. There are pros and cons to launching on each day. Learn more.
12:01 am Pacific Time is the best time to launch for makers that are planning ahead and don’t have limitations or other opportunities. Read more here.
No. We encourage makers to hunt their own products, and there’s no discernable advantage to using a third-party hunter. So take a look in the mirror — we’ve found your hunter! Learn more here.
You can share your launch link however you wish. The only real rule here is that you cannot ask people directly to upvote your product. Instead, ask them to visit and comment. Check out the full Launch Guide for lots of promotion tips.
Yes. The Product Hunt Launch Guide includes a list of all the items you should prepare for launch.
Log in, click the "Submit" button in the top right, and then click “New Product.” You’ll be prompted first to enter in the product's URL and will start the flow to submit your product. Read the full Product Hunt Launch Guide for best practices in preparation and launching.
Yes, for many makers, launching on Product Hunt was worth it — i.e. putting time and effort into their launch helped them achieve their goals. Read success stories about Notion, Loom, and Framer for more.
One of the main reasons you should consider using Product Hunt as a maker is to get distribution. By launching your product on Product Hunt, you are gaining access to a global community of enthusiastic early adopters, tech lovers, and product people. Read through more reasons why people launch on Product Hunt.
Product Hunt is good for makers because it gives them an audience for the things they’ve made. When makers launch their products on Product Hunt, they have access to a huge, global audience of early adopters and tech enthusiasts actively looking for exciting new products. Comments and conversation also allow makers to gather feedback, and often open the door to networking, partnership, and even funding opportunities. Read our full guide for best practices and other details.
Makers in the community share what they’ve built by hunting (submitting) their product. Products are hunted by community members daily. Others in the community can upvote, comment, and share those products as they compete on the homepage leaderboard for top spots, including Product of the Day. Read our full guide for best practices and other details.
Product Hunt is first and foremost a global community. The Product Hunt community is made up of makers, technophiles, product people, entrepreneurs, investors, creators, early adopters, and folks who just love new ideas.
On the Product Hunt platform, makers in the community share what they’ve built. Products are submitted, or hunted, by community members daily. Others in the community can upvote, comment, and share those products as they compete on the homepage leaderboard for top spots, including Product of the Day. Read our full guide for best practices and other details.