What people like about Clubhouse
- AnnouncementNominated for Golden Kitty 2021 in Audio & voiceThe community submitted over 13,800 nominations to tell us what products were their favorites from 2021. Clubhouse on Android was nominated in the Audio & voice category and became finalist of the Golden Kitty Award 2021.Jan 28, 2022
- Announcement#4 Product of the dayClubhouse on Android ranked 4th Product of the day for May 9, 2021 with 93 upvotes and 19 commentsMay 9, 2021
- LaunchClubhouse is a space for casual, drop-in audio conversations - with friends and other interesting people around the world.Go online anytime to chat with the people you follow or hop in as a listener and hear what others are talking about.•
- AnnouncementWon Golden Kitty 2020 in Product of the YearThe community submitted over 10,500 nominations to tell us what products were their favorites from 2020. Clubhouse was nominated in the Product of the Year category and became finalist of the Golden Kitty Award 2020.Feb 19, 2021
- LaunchClubhouse is a space for casual, drop-in audio conversations - with friends other interesting people around the world. Go online anytime to chat with the people you follow, or hop in as a listener and hear what others are talking about.•
Questions about Clubhouse
Yes - Clubhouse was made available on Android as of May 2021.
Before the, it was only available for iOS.
Yes, the Clubhouse app is free for all users.
Clubhouse allows users to create and join “rooms“ where you can chat with others in a conference call.
Users are only allowed to talk or listen. They can also join or leave the call at any time.
When you first open the app, you will see a list of “rooms“ as well as a list of everyone that is in each room. Users can join the room by tapping on it, and you will be entered into those rooms first as an audience member.
If a user wishes to speak they “raise their hand“, and then the speakers can choose whether or not to invite them up.
Clubhouse rooms are often hosted by experts in different fields. You can also create and host a room of your own.
Clubhouse is a social audio app for iOS and Android in which users can gather in chat rooms to listen in and discuss various topics.
Clubhouse was first founded by Paul Davison and Rohan Seth in 2019.
The service was originally designed for podcasts under the name “Talkshow,“ but was rebranded to Clubhouse in March 2020.
After receiving funding from notable investors and venture capitalists, Clubhouse came to be valued at $100 million in May of 2020.
In April 2021 raised a Series C funding round, bringing its valuation to $4 billion.