Your riskiest travel experience is ...?

Oleksandr Buratynskyi
9 replies
Mine was when me and my bro co-founder were on Canary Islands, filming new season on travel vlog and suddenly birds shouted and flew away from big rocks that started to fall on us from the cliff. It was a rock-fall and we sprinted to the closest building, luckily there was abandoned one. We waited until noize from falling rocks stopped and came out to the light. Place was covered in dust but we left unharmed. It was like in a movie i swear ) We caught a bit of it on video while running) mad people)

Replies

Rosalie Steame
This sounds quite dangerous, but perhaps you will remember this experience for the rest of your life :) I like calmer, more stable trips, and as a rule I choose proven options that I am confident in. Turkey gulet is one of those where you can enjoy your trip to the fullest and not worry about anything.
Wow, that’s some scary stuff. Imagine you didn’t hear it till it was too late. I would appreciate life so much after an experience like that
Oleksandr Buratynskyi
@slimmy82 that's for sure, we had more of such moments there. Scary and yes, life is seeing from totally different perspective
In 2021, I was in Iceland and > 1/2 mile (> 1,000m) from the erupting volcano. We also walked within a few feet / meters of the active front line lava flow. In 2014, I was hiking in Oregon and climbed up onto a rock on the side of a hill. I then heard a rattle and realized I was within an arm's reach of a western diamondback rattlesnake. I've also been scuba diving with sharks in both Australia and Florida (USA).
Максим Бежан
Mine recent was driving car for the Transfagarasan route in Romania, Though, all went well for me, but you should be rather concentrated driving 90km route. At the top of mountain (~2000m) you meet 1 km tunnel - right in the mountain with mountain water - running on the walls, and beatiful lake at the same height. Also ofcourse multiple serpentines. Also, at the route you mihjt meet regular bears, I met ~5 bears, some other people met 20-30 bears, just sitting on the road and trying to get some food from people, but it's not good to feed them, since they can be lazy after all, and while road is closed for winter, they can die because the will not be able to hunt\or find food themselfs, as they may wait for people to feed them.