Your favourite way of getting feedback from customers?

Lara Tankal
54 replies
All options have pros and cons; some are more convenient, the feedback you get with certain ways are more accurete and genuine, some are just complicated to manage. What are your experiences?

Replies

Damon Chen
I am a bit bias, of course, but I love using Testimonial.to and showcasing all the testimonials on our Wall of Love :) We’ve built a platform to help you streamline the process to collect, manage and showcase your testimonials in a single place. If any of you are a bit overwhelmed with the process, we make it very easy for you!
Aleyna Çatak
As a product designer, I love to meet with users face-to-face and in online meetings to hear their feedback. Users also love this close communication as I've observed 😊 However, it requires a good preparation before the meeting and hard work after you get the outcomes.
Chetan Natesh
@aleynacatak What's the best way to setup these meetings?
Steven Birchall
As a Product Manager, nothing beats a face-to-face or online meeting with a customer to truely understand how they're using your product, what they think about various parts and learning all the hurdles and bits of joy they are coming across along the way. Unfortunately however they are time consuming (for both parties) and aren't scalable so need to be done in conjunction with other feedback channels.
Michael Silber
@stevenbirchall I absolutely agree. I think the trick is having a constant trickle of these interviews. At Product Hunt we have an “Office hours” link in our navigation that gets us a few interviews each week. Savvycal helps us split the interviews between the product managers.
Emmanuel Frank
For me i appreciate face to face meeting if it is possible, this will show the customer that one truly appreciates him of her.
Lara Tankal
@emmanuel_frank1 So true. Not only that it allows you to get great feedback, it also strenghtens your relationship with your customer, too!
HAROON Khan
I prefer face-to-face feedback because it's more personal and I can get a better understanding of what the customer is trying to say. However, I also value customer feedback through surveys and/or emails because it provides me with quantitative data that I can analyze.
Lara Tankal
@haroon_khan14 I agree.I find surveys quite useful, mostly because of the reason you've mentioned, quantitative data. It is also time-effective and easy to engage in the customer's end as well.
Chetan Natesh
@dmitryshyn Is there anyway to know , how many F2F meetings are needed for a product? I know it's kind of a stupid question, please bear with me ✌️
Dmitry Shyn
@chetan_natesh ok :). Let's talk about it. I'll share my experience. Before developing the project, we conducted 30 interviews with potential customers. Then we conducted 2-3 interviews with the first users every month during development (it lasted 4 months). Our product was ready to launch and we were confident that everything was done cool. We decided to take repeated interviews with the users. Our product was really handy, but as it turned out it wasn't solving their real problems. If we had launched it, it would have been an epic fail. We continued to test different audiences and look for customers who were ready to pay. It was a difficult time. We found the answer completely by accident. I just started telling everyone about our product. And the other founders themselves said that our product could be useful to them personally and how much they were willing to pay. And now all we have to do is update the functionality a little bit and get ready to launch.
Chetan Natesh
Thanks for sharing Dmitry! appreciate it 🙌 How different was the way you scoped the problem in the interview, pre-launch compared to post launch?
philgenius
usertesting, userzoom, no substitute for talking to actual users tho
Shubham khapra
A face-to-face meeting can help to find them easily to what they want and how to implement it into our product.
Chetan Natesh
@shubham_khapra Is there anyway to know , how many F2F meetings are needed for a product?
Saurabh Wadhawan
Nothing better than F2F, but at Scale better to set the feedback loop inside the product at key intervention points.
Chetan Natesh
@saurabhwadhawan Is there anyway to know , how many F2F meetings are needed for a product?
Samuel Lake
For everyone saying F2F meetings, how do you find users who would be interested in devoting the time to a F2F meeting?
Lara Tankal
@sam_drotar For us, it really is about finding long-term customers that are invested in the product. They are paying us for a service, and even though they are glad with what they've received, they also want to contribute and generally have some pretty solid ideas. Such customers are a few, however, their feedback is always the best.
Philip Brook
I may be bias, but we use voiceform.com. An easy way to collect and analyze text and voice based customer feedback. Think of the scale of a survey and the quality of a customer interview.
Lara Tankal
@phil_brook Haven't heard of it before, definitely will be checking it out. It seems to provide a common ground between F2F and written feedback.
Jason Chan
Split between F2F and in-app messaging...although one thing I like about in-app messaging is that it feels like people are more likely to tell you how they really feel compared to F2F
Arnob Mukherjee
This a shameless plug, but we are literally building something in this line to help you manage user feedback coming from anywhere it's called Olvy https://olvy.co/ Olvy becomes your repository of user feedback from everywhere your users talk to or about you it could be Twitter, Customer Chat Support tools, or your community, we help you understand your users, and their pain points, and help you discover new things you could build. Convert feedback you receive into tickets for your engineering team, and automatically notify your users with your changelog and 1:1 announcements at the source. And here's how it works 👇
Lara Tankal
@iamarnob6543 Looks like a great product! I'll definitely check it out. Will you be launching on PH or have an upcoming page?
Selin Anil
The more details I can get through a personalized conversation, the more valuable the feedback is! But I acknowledge setting up a video/zoom meeting is very constraining for both sides, so live chat is usually the best for me, because it tends to naturally happen when both parties are available. My 24h-covering client support team can efficiently discuss with the customer and in case of specific points/details to dig further, I can hop in the conversation and if necessary organize a call.
Sridevi M
I would opt for face-to-face meetings, this will show the customer that one truly appreciates him or her and understand their needs/feedback better
Kartal Erkoc
For the upcoming features&pages mostly through user testing, F2F and for the existing ones, in-app messaging is working effectively in my experience.
Lara Tankal
@kartal_erkoc1 I do agree that it is a good idea to split the areas you want ta get feedback and assign different types of communications accordingly.
Leon Ou
As the CEO of a startup, I spend 2 hours a week with users face-to-face. In this way, you can seriously think about the specific position of the company's product optimization and the direction the team needs to work on in the next stage.
Leon Ou
@lara_tankal Yes, none can get the direction just from imagination. Sometimes, chatting with users can give you new inspiration.
Maxime Néau
Live chat for me, it is a smooth way to talk live with a customer without the commitment and preparation of a face to face meeting
Junior Owolabi
in-app live user interviews via my platform https://www.prepxus.com
Khasan
I would say there is no better way to me but better customers (that can explain their feedback in a clear way instead of saying something irrelevant).