You, as a founder and entrepreneur; Can you give me advice on things I should definitely care about?

Ayhan Ergezen
47 replies
Hello, I am Ayhan, I am developing a new social network and community platform. I imagine that each of you's experiences have been extraordinary and challenging. Let's be helpful to each other and share tips about the experiences we have gained. I believe the people who make up the Product Hunt community have exciting stories. We try to look strong and good, but we never mention the chaos and difficult times you experience in the background. I'm not saying everyone is going through the same thing, but my guess is that many people are going through this process. Challenging processes change people and enable them to develop unique skills. If you would like to share it, I would be happy to hear your suggestions that will inspire other entrepreneurs.

Replies

Mei
Talk to customers every single day. Stay focused. Consistency is the hardest thing to achieve. You'll earn brownie points in the long run for every day that you show up.
Ayhan Ergezen
@thisismeihere That's absolutely true, I've been doing what you said for a while now. I opened accounts on many platforms and I meet the writers there and chat about LivelyPencil. I received positive feedback from many people. As you said, a brownie every day... :)
Shoaib Farhan ali
I really like your idea so let me explain you about our services which is healthvio basically we are into health & wellness subscription services where we provide the services to make your health better please check this link out https://myhealthvio.com/ for better understanding & if you like it please try our prime subscription
Ayhan Ergezen
@shoaib_farhan_ali hi Shoaib, thanks for comment, I'll visit the link and check out what you've been up to. :)
Hey Ayhan, if you’re transitioning from a 9-5 job to founding a company, the first thing is shifting your mindset from employee to a CEO. You now have to handle all aspects from product design to marketing and finance. All customer support also falls on you. Before you get deep into development validate your idea! Is there an actual need? Have you spoken with your key target market. I suggest you read a short book called “the mom test” by Rob Fitzpatrick. It will really help you validate your idea. This is one step I wish I didn’t skip. Get crystal clear on what problem you’re trying to solve and your ideal customer profile. Also don’t let ego get in the way, be open to feedback.
Ayhan Ergezen
@slimmy82 Hello, thank you for sharing your experiences. “Becoming a CEO” yes, this is truly original advice. Because I am starting to understand the differences better every day. Market research and understanding whether the product/service is a real need is also a really important issue. Thanks again for your great advice.
Tumisang Ikaneng
@slimmy82 fantastic advice indeed, thanks for sharing
Ayhan Ergezen
@sanepara Look at the coincidence :)) we hired a new UI expert today. It's definitely an important issue. Thanks Ravikant
HalK Susior
Hey there, as a founder and entrepreneur, a few things are key: - Keep a clear vision and strategy. - Stay connected to customers and market trends. - Build a great team and positive culture. - Watch your finances closely. - Be adaptable and execute plans well. - Never stop learning and growing. - Stay resilient and maintain a positive mindset. - Ensure legal compliance and seek advice when needed. - Network and build relationships. - Don't forget to find that work-life balance.
Ayhan Ergezen
@halk_susior Golden advice. Thank you. I think it's worth adding that sticking to this list requires strong mental health. Let's not forget that being healthy is the first rule of maintaining motivation. There will be many things you need to take care of and it is possible to wear out over time. Sometimes even if the reward comes, if we are not healthy enough to enjoy it; What we do has no meaning.
PRIYANKA MANDAL
As a founder, I have found that staying adaptable, building a strong team, and keeping a clear focus on your vision are crucial. Also, don't shy away from learning from challenges they often lead to the most significant growth.
Ayhan Ergezen
@priyankamandal Nothing is achieved easily. We can observe that competition is very high and productivity is increasing. As someone who follows Product Hunt regularly, I see dozens of startups announced every day. I know that there is great effort and big dreams behind these projects. You are right, it is important to learn from mistakes, observe and listen to other ideas. Actually, there is something that crosses my mind regarding this matter; Examining the projects that announced their launch 2-3 years ago on Product Hunt and observing where they are. This can be very useful. Thanks for your comment.
Sofiqul Islam
I think its help me also. thanks @livelypencil
Ayhan Ergezen
@sofiquldev Sharing knowledge adds value to knowledge. This is the purpose for which communities are established. Supporting each other. Thanks for your comment Sofiqul
ISTIAK AHMAD
Hey Ayhan, i would say your product or service or platform should be a representation of peoples need. I always focus on these five elements before start building something. Check out these five elements if you have a moment. https://www.producthunt.com/disc... Hope this make sense to you ( :
Ayhan Ergezen
@istiakahmad Hello, I took a look at your article and it has some impressive advice. I recommend it to everyone. Thanks for your comment.
Markk Tong
Launching soon!
Hey Ayhan! Your new social network and community platform sounds really exciting. I'd love to hear more about it and potentially try it out when you launch. Do you have any advice for someone like me who's about to launch their own product? Also, I'd love to get your feedback once my product is live. Feel free to click on the "Notify" button to get notified when it's ready. Thanks in advance!
Ayhan Ergezen
@markk0217 Hello Markk, thank you, I will be happy to inform you when LivelyPencil is completed. I took a look at your Collov.ai project and I liked it very much. The best advice I can give on this subject is about marketing advertising promotional activities. Target only female users in your advertising efforts. Houses are the sacred places of women. Simply explain what your app does and leave the rest to the women. You will realize that the efficiency you get from your advertising efforts will be at the maximum level. Women will share the work they create on Collov.ai on the social network, especially with their close circle, and make more people aware of your project.
ISTIAK AHMAD
@markk0217 Hey Markk, interesting product you are launching. Already following, Looking forward to your launch ( :
Prem Saini
Focus on the "why" of your idea above all else, but don't undervalue the "how"
Ayhan Ergezen
@prem_saini1 Hello Prem, thank you for your comment. The best way to explain the "why and how" questions of the project; I think it's about presenting usage models to users. Founders know the main idea of their project very well, like a poem they wrote. But performing poetry is something that requires skill. In short, someone writes the poem and someone else performs it impressively. It is necessary to re-emphasize the point that everyone generally says on this subject; cohesive team, being open to ideas and making more connections to increase collaborations.
Founders should carefully attend to various elements crucial for business success, such as crafting a clear vision and adopting a customer-centric approach. Staying abreast of industry trends and nurturing a collaborative team spirit are essential. Success in the dynamic entrepreneurial journey demands continuous improvement, embracing technology, and displaying resilience through ongoing learning. Consistently reassessing priorities and maintaining agility are indispensable for ensuring sustained growth and competitiveness.
Ayhan Ergezen
@ali_shaheen Hello Ali, thank you for sharing your experiences with us. You reminded me of a word that I love very much; I think this word is very magical "Sustainability". and it is important to do the things you mentioned in order to fulfill the conditions of this word.
Markk Tong
Launching soon!
Congratulations on developing a new social network and community platform! As a founder and entrepreneur, there are several key areas you should definitely care about: 1. User Experience: Prioritize creating a seamless and enjoyable experience for your users. Understand their needs and pain points to tailor your platform accordingly. 2. Innovation: Stay ahead of the curve by continuously innovating and adapting to the ever-changing landscape of social networking and community platforms. 3. Community Building: Foster a strong sense of community among your users. Encourage engagement, collaboration, and meaningful interactions. 4. Monetization Strategy: Develop a clear monetization strategy that aligns with the value you provide to your users. 5. Resilience: Embrace the chaotic and difficult times as opportunities for growth and learning. Stay resilient in the face of challenges. Remember, every entrepreneur's journey is unique, and sharing experiences can inspire others. Wishing you all the best on your entrepreneurial endeavors!
Ayhan Ergezen
@markk0217 1- You are very right about user experience. We were rejected 3 times in Google Play Console :) We hired someone who specializes in UI. We'll try again after creating a new UI, it's an important issue and you're right. 2- We have a big list planned for innovations. We know that users tend to have fun and have a good time most of the time. Popular social networks manage user trends in a very impressive way. With their addictive features, they can keep many users using the application for hours. We have some advantages and disadvantages in this regard; Reading may not be fun for everyone, but we have some plans to make it fun. 3- We have a great feature planned for this; Users will be able to create their own community posts. We will activate the community posts feature where other authors will be accepted to post a book or content on any topic. This feature, which allows users to establish their own communities, seems to be in line with the advice you mentioned. It's nice to know we're on the right track. 4- Our plan is ready for users to earn money and share our income with our users. We have many money-making feature plans for authors to earn money, such as a subscription system, adding completed books/publications to the e-book section for sale, authors selling digital signatures, offering authors to create publications (creating content on behalf of people/institutions that have difficulty creating content). We care about writers and content creators earning income. We specifically want citizen journalism to be a prominent use of our platform and are working on plans to support them in this regard. 5- We experience the difficulties you mentioned in the most painful way. At certain times, we got stuck in bank loans and debt, lost money, reputation and went through all kinds of difficult experiences, but we accepted that this was the nature of entrepreneurship and continued to stand behind our idea. Thank you for your great advice and the opportunity to express ourselves. We hope this information will be an inspiration to others.
Liu Tim
We try to look strong and good, but we never mention the chaos and difficult times you experience in the background. Sure Sure Sure
Liu Tim
why each comments you response, like a bot
Ayhan Ergezen
@liu_tim People take their precious time to comment and give advice (just like you do). In my opinion, not reacting or leaving it unanswered would be very disrespectful. Each one is valuable and deserves respect. People are communicating with you and it doesn't make sense to me to just stand there and stare and not react at all. When I say like a bot; Maybe you got this idea from the typos in the answers? Anyway, my English is not very good, so some sentences may not be correct in terms of grammatical criteria. I'm sorry about that, Lui. Thanks for your comment.
Ayhan Ergezen
@liu_tim Day 78 :) I try to follow the work done by the community regularly every day. I am a graphic designer and I am always in front of the computer due to my job. That's why I respond quickly.
Launching soon!
Absolutely, diving into the entrepreneurial world is quite the adventure! Here's a nugget of advice: embrace the power of perseverance. It's a journey filled with highs, lows, and unexpected turns. Stay true to your vision, but be open to pivot when needed. Oh, and don't forget to cherish your team—they're the backbone of your venture. And while you're at it, remember to find a balance—between work, life, and the occasional moments of pure inspiration. You've got this! What's your entrepreneurial story so far?
Ayhan Ergezen
@qudsia_ali Hi Kudsia, you actually summarized the whole story perfectly. You have beautifully described many things that need to be said and many situations that are likely to be experienced. Thank you for your meaningful comment.
Vivek Sharma
Do not forget to care about your employees. As an entrepreneur, I understand its easy to get lost in the rat race, but never fail to prioritize and value the people who help you run your dreams. Besides, you must value good technology and implement it in your business. Look for cheaper alternatives so that budget does not become a concern for your startup.
Ayhan Ergezen
@vivek_equp The way to create a stable and efficient working order in projects and to produce is to value those who work on the project and appreciate the work they do. It is necessary to do this not as a task, but by establishing a strong bond with team members. Of course, it is important to strike a balance here. I read important advice about being a CEO in a different comment. Teams are like orchestras; If it is not managed correctly, the desired result cannot be achieved. Because there are many details that need to be managed, costs, marketing, plans for the future, managing all the needs of the project correctly can create a chance. Thanks for your sincere advice.
Prakhar Tandon
As a founder and entrepreneur, it's essential to focus on key aspects for success. Firstly, understand your customers and address their real needs with your product. Stay informed about industry trends and competitors through continuous market research. Keep a close eye on your finances, maintaining a clear understanding of income, expenses, and overall financial health. Adaptability is crucial; be open to feedback and ready to adjust your strategies.
Jasmine Butters
We try to look strong and good, but we never mention the chaos and difficult times you experience in the background.
Uthappa Robb
Talk to customers every single day.