Would you like your phone/laptop to predict the time it would take to complete your ongoing task?

Bhoomi Gupta
11 replies

Replies

Software Guy (Aarvy)
Yes, it would be nice if I could arrange all my tasks and get reminders with time predictions. So I can sort the charges based on my priority and required time.
Bhoomi Gupta
@software_guy Hello we took some inspiration from your comment and launched our app: Pikidea. Please do give us your valuable feedback!
Philip Snyder
Would be cool. To be honest I wouldnt really care at all if I had this feature or not.
Bhoomi Gupta
@philipsnyder that’s fair. Imagine your device would notify you before time so you can plan your tasks ahead after your device runs out of charge. Now?
Richard Gao
I would absolutely love this. What tasks would it be for? I can't imagine it would work for everything. Though I might imagine it would be structured like how the ETA for Google maps is structured. Usually, depending on traffic, it'll say "you'll be home by xyz minutes", but that'll be subject to change as I'm on the road and traffic changes. This app should probably be similar.
Bhoomi Gupta
@richard_gao2 Wow! That is an amazing relation you made to the ETA example. I will apply this to my brainstorming. I feel this task completion prediction will save us from a lot of tension, haha!
Michael Lachar
How would that work exactly? It would be helpful if you could provide an example of a task, and they describe how you might solve for finding the estimated time of completion.
Bhoomi Gupta
@michael_lachar Hi Michael! Yes, of course! For example you have a task wherein you’re working on a presentation. Now, on the app you put in the timing and info of the task and it gives you the time and the battery consumption prediction. Now that you have this information you can plan your tasks before and after. It makes your work-life more organised and stress free.
Rupal Sharma
This is a super cool idea to sort miscellaneous tasks.
Shushant Lakhyani
This is gonna be amazing!