Will prompt engineering be the only job left in a year from now?

Ceylan Ersoy
4 replies
I was recently interviewing a prominent influencer who has amassed 15M followers on his projections about AI. He recently replaced himself with a virtual influencer, launching a new channel. This channel has proven to be successful in a very short amount of time. He shared that while AI will have the capacity to take over our jobs in many sectors, what we need to master to prepare will be learning to ask the right questions AKA prompt engineering. Do you think this is a reasonable assumption, will this be our reality sooner than we think?

Replies

Kim Pieper
Universities are already moving away from writing and towards helping students work with ChatGPT, much like they did when they moved from research being done in books to being done online. I would say that a year from now, our workplaces are going to look very different and prompting will be an efficiency metric.
Hashnimo
No, AGI will have the capability to almost read our minds.
soniya mehra
It depends upon skills too. I think finance is still important, so job related to finance will stay.
Dan Cleary
As Greg Brockton said "prompt engineering is the art of communicating eloquently to AI". Even in the case of AGI, the communication layer will always exist. We are betting on that future and building Prompthub to help (https://www.prompthub.us)