Will our hardwork payoff? Will it improve your browsing experience?

Tanay from Stacks
19 replies
I am thrilled to announce that we have completed a big release for our Stacks extension that provides an enhanced search experience while browsing. 🙌 We realized that most of our users (including us) save bookmarks all the time, but we almost never search through them. This is because the search wasn’t that effective (or convenient). With this new release of the extension: 🚀 Stacks dashboard is now accessible on any webpage. You can access, search and share any and all bookmarked links without leaving your current page or switching tabs. The Dashboard simply shows up by pressing “Cntrl / CMD+ Shift + K” or by option in the context menu (right click) and hides when pressing “ESC” or clicking “X”. 🚀 Stacks extension brings stacked links as recommendations right on the search results page of every major search engine. For example, you can search on Google, Github, Dribble, Twitter, and Amazon - and almost anywhere, extension searches simultaneously in your saved and shared links. It provides results from shared repositories and brings recommendations from links shared by your spouses, teams, friends, and family in a simple-to-use UI alongside search results. These features will help you boost your productivity and collaboration by making it easier and faster to find and access relevant information from your saved links and shared repositories. You will also save time and effort by avoiding duplication of searches and bookmarks. Stacks is free and will remain free for personal repositories forever. You can check it out and be more productive and make your team efficient here: https://chrome.google.com/websto.... We would love to hear your feedback and suggestions on how we can improve Stacks and make it more useful for you. Please feel free to comment below or contact us at tanay@betterstacks.com and leave a review here on PH - https://www.producthunt.com/prod.... We are working on extensions to support other browsers as well and will be live soon. Thank you for your support and interest in Stacks. We hope you enjoy the new features of the extension. 😊

Replies

Tamizharasan GC
I believe that your hard work will pay off and improve my browsing experience. The new features that you have added, such as the ability to access, search, and share bookmarks from any webpage, and the ability to see recommendations from your saved and shared links on search results pages, will make it easier and faster for me to find the information I need. I am also excited about the potential for collaboration that these features offer. I can see myself using Stacks to share links with my team members and to get their feedback on my work.
André J
Launching soon!
What problem does stacks solve?
Tanay from Stacks
Hi @sentry_co Stacks looks to solve the lost bookmarks problem, for individuals and teams. It looks to be used alongside your favorite browser, Knowledge Management Systems, and communication tools. Every application and platform today has favorites and bookmarking functionality. Instagram saves, Twitter Bookmarks, Browser Bookmarks, YouTube saved videos, Google Maps places, Slack save for later, WhatsApp starred messages and so many more. This in turn makes it a very tedious task to go from one app to the next to look for something. We like to Google more than search in our saved lists because it is one place search, that is smooth, fast, and efficient. Stacks look to integrate with all these tools in some way to make saving somewhat native (if API is there) or as easy as humanly possible. PS: Stacks is a searchable shared knowledge repository. It is more than just a bookmark manager. It’s your second brain that helps you remember everything you find online. It provides: - Save and share bookmarks with one click - See it in recommendations while searching on Google - Easily search for the saved bookmarks - See what other team members in the company have saved so the duplication of search doesn’t happen. - Create a personal and shared repository of knowledge Stacks gives your team smart recommendations for their searches by turning the team’s bookmarks into personal and shared knowledge-base so that team spends less time searching for information and more time doing meaningful work that drives business.
André J
Launching soon!
@tanaylakhani So the problem is that I can't easily share bookmarks with my team? Why is that a problem? Is it a problem? Have you validated this? Currently we share links on slack. Personally I store bookmarks in getpocket.com
Tanay from Stacks
@sentry_co You can definitely share bookmarks today - Slack is amazing, and so is Microsoft Teams, WhatsApp, etc. However, when you share with Slack or other tools, you want the other person to look at it right away. If your recipient is on vacation, or busy, they may simply not look at it. These links are lost in thousands of messages on Slack because people will use KMS, Intranets, Chat, and communication tools with so much information. When they are back to work or having some related work, they are searching on Google, StackOverflow, Github, Medium, and lots of other places simply because they don't know you had shared something related before. For example - Ergonomic chair a co-worker had recommended. React library a teammate has suggested exploring Why did we do this vs that - the decision was captured in KMS but this research was lost - which article we used, and which user feedback we relied on? What was our inspiration in the first place? Do you think a shared knowledge repository of links is helpful to teams with any changes? Something you see/think we can add? Our inspiration and hope is "How Github is a repository of code, LastPass is a repository of passwords -> Stacks is a repository of links for research, inspiration, and knowledge" I used to love Pocket too - I have more than 500 links saved there. It is just a little lengthy process to go through each link manually.
André J
Launching soon!
@tanaylakhani Right but then it's not data-management that is the problem, that infra is already up and running. Rather its discovery -> service agnostic Search. To search through all these channels you mentioned. And with AI -> Hey that link that someone sent me about ergonomic chair. AI -> here is what I found. Slack: 1. June lsat year my Amy: You should get this ergonomic chair by Herman Miller! Link.
Tanay from Stacks
@sentry_co You are right, discovery and search are the main problems that Stacks aims to solve. However, data management is also an important aspect of the solution, as Stacks allows you to organize your bookmarks into categories, tags, folders, and spaces. You can also add notes, comments, and ratings to your bookmarks, as well as share them with your team members or other people. This way, you can create a personal and shared repository of knowledge that is easy to access and search. Your saved information is like preferences that could later be used to train your personal AI. AI is definitely a powerful tool that can help with discovery and search, but to identify things that apply to you and work for you, a preference engine per se would be essential.
Tanay from Stacks
@theterminalguy Awesome Simon, let me know if you have any issues accessing Stacks. Would love to get your feedback.
Simon Peter Damian
@tanaylakhani gave it a try here a few things I like 1. The fact that each link is automatically sorted with the exception of LinkedIn. I was hoping when I bookmark a LinkedIn profile, it will appear under profile 2. I love the tags for each website, which make it super easy to filter all bookmarks from a website 3. I also love the export feature, looks great A few things were not clear like the "Share to repository" I really didn't understand what that meant The date on each book looks like a video duration. I got confused when I bookmarked a YouTube video and saw 05.07.03 was a little bit confusing I also didn't understand why there was a rich text editor in the notes field. And one final thing, ~I'd love if I the title of the page could have been use as a note.~ Ignore this I did not notice that as soon as you click on the chrome extension, the page gets bookmarked. Overall, it's good. Amazing work on this, must have been a lot of work. Kudos and good luck with the launch
Tanay from Stacks
@theterminalguy That's great feedback, Simon! There was an issue with the sorter for LinkedIn - it should be fixed now. Do you think it would be helpful information on the popup - that shows where this link would be and make changes if required? In the dashboard, would it be helpful to show the rules for categorization be displayed and you can make your own automation/categorization rules? I totally understand about lack of clarity on sharing with the repository. Repositories = workspaces that can be shared. By default, there are three repositories/workspaces - 1. personal, 2. companion, 3. team A rich text editor was there in an earlier version of the extension and the hope was to allow simple editing options including markdown. But based on the feedback (and a few other users' feedback), I am leaning towards removing a rich text editor and keeping it a simple text field.
Simon Peter Damian
@tanaylakhani rules for categorization not at all but a simple info icon or help somewhere else that explains how the links are categorized for sure. No you don’t need to add extra info to the pop up but a better color that call's one attention would be great. I didn't even notice clicking the extension automatically bookmarks a link. I'll try bookmarking a LinkedIn profile again
Frazer Herewini
Man this stacks thing huh , I've yet to try it (no computer ) but just reading what Tanya , just wrote . I can see so many people , companies just flocking to it , be so gratifying , all the accomplishments going to be phenomenal . Thanks.
Great! One small feedback: it would be great if you could add a video explaining how the product would work like once I install it. I tried using it but it required a login first, but i am not exactly sure how the product works to create an account right away!
Tanay from Stacks
@sayoni_dutta_roy Thanks Sayoni, I agree, can you suggest what page and where this video would provide maximum benefit? Like, imagine your journey with Stacks extension, what page in the journey you would be curious enough to see how it works? Should this video be only about the extension? or overall platform? Really appreciate your thoughts.
@tanaylakhani I would say on the Chrome extension page itself