Will Large Language Models be the NFTs of 2023?

tneogi
3 replies
It's a matter of time before LLM powered solutions will be a part of every product or business in some form. Some businesses or platforms might even be completely about wrappers on top of one more LLMs. There is a significant debate right now around how trustworthy, reliable and open for abuse LLMs can be. No one has definitive answers as it's a rapidly evolving space. Regulation, as is always the norm, will follow slowly behind tech adoption and it's abuse. We have seen it in the case of crypto. Will LLMs follow the same path?

Replies

Richard Gao
They share some very vague aspects with NFTs, but I would say no. Many struggled to actually find use cases for NFTs, so it makes sense that they were more of a fad than anything (though I'm sure they'll still grow at a steady rate in the future). However, with AI, the use cases are easily identifiable front and center. So I would imagine it just gets more and more popular until a couple of well established ones get into the industry and buy out their competition. I think the biggest ones that will benefit are those "selling the shovels" so to speak for those making AI apps. OpenAI is an obvious one doing this, same with a couple smaller ones like A121. And I'm doing something similar with evoke-app.com actually. It's an AI as a service that hosts open source AI models on the cloud with API access to make it easier for developers making AI apps. If you're interested, I post a lot about it on my twitter @TheRealEtch
Fabien Snauwaert
They might be similar in terms of excitement or investment. But there's a degree of practical use for LLMs I haven't experienced with NFTs!