Which tools do you use to manage your work and analyze the time spent on tasks over the week?

Elif Duran
66 replies
Do you take notes manually, or track time with tools? What about the analytics that you receive? Do you get actionable insights with respect to what you gave? We are preparing for BeforeSunset's launch, don't forget to subscribe if you are looking for the simplest work management tool: https://www.producthunt.com/upco...

Replies

Cat Hicks
Been a long time user of RescueTime and love it as it does all its tracking in the background.
Sachin Shaji Kalloothara
I have used Asana and ClickUp. ClickUp is my favourite
Shail Silver
@sachin_shaji_kalloothara ParagraphAI needs to be on this list! We launched on PH today and are trending on the home page. Check it out!
Elif Duran
@ameliagoodman Which features do you like in it?
Amelia Goodman
@elifduran ok my fav feature is the little unicorn pop up when you complete a task lol. just the right dose of serotonin to keep me goin
Martina Hackbartt
Hey! I've been using Flowace to track time spent on each task. It's very automatized!
Elif Duran
@martina_hackbartt I used some auto-trackers but did not hear Flowace before, will take a look at it.
Swapnil D Puranik
I don't time my tasks, but i do track them on my to-do list in Evernote (old school alert!). I have heard some good things about Centered and Focusmate - haven't used either personally.
Elif Duran
@swapdp_01 One of the essential thing is the to-do list and prioritization, agree! I use Notion for it.
Jeff
I use google sheets :D
Dávid Sipos
@jakob90lv Interesint idea! Are you making a gant, or just a list?
Vida Nour
Hubstaff works well for me and other members of the team. I would like to check BeforeSunset too.
Shail Silver
ParagraphAI saves a ton of time - its the first AI writing assistant on mobile https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Lauren Murillo
I use Notion for keeping track of basically all business organization and then I use ParagraphAI to save time on write ups and tedious writing tasks
Melanie Yong
Notion! for tracking notes and tasks, especially with braindump. Having analytics for tasks can be fun though, especially if there's a way to gamify. I usually also use the Eisenhower matrix to categorize tasks.
Elif Duran
@melanieyzs I also use Notion for myself and my organization, Notion integration is in our roadmap, can't wait for this!
Dávid Sipos
ClickUp, Notion, and pen and papper
Shail Silver
ParagraphAI can give you all sorts of inspiration and ideas to focus while working and make you productive. We launched today and are trending on the home page. Check it out!
Ricky J.White
Email notifications, topic subscriptions, @-mentions, per-messageboard notification settings. Private group messaging. Full-text search using the database. Pinned and locked topics. List of currently online users, for all forums and per-messageboard. Flexible permissions system. Basic moderation. Lightweight default theme configurable via Sass. https://mybankinginformation.com...
Cameron Howe
We end up using Monday and adding in a time tracker to that. You can create a dashboard to view across your team what everyone's accomplished.
Mark Campbell
We use Harvest time tracking in our agency... It's pretty simple but gets the job done and can integrate with Asana, Basecamp etc. The dream would be to not have time sheets at all and just price based on the value of the output, not hourly rates!
Elif Duran
@mark_campbell_outlign Our aim is to create the simplest work management tool that will end up you to work in a healthy environment, and finish the work before sunset :) We mean, seeing burnout before it is too late, or remind to have a break when you are working hours at the desk.
Mark Campbell
@elifduran thanks for the reply... I definitely love the goal and we've always aimed to run an agency without the usual crazy overtime expectations placed on staff... so getting out before sunset is our goal too.
George van Bohemen
Timing app for automatic tracking, Notion for personal life and Airtable for registering hours for customers
Yash
Launching soon!
I use Google calendar, gives me a ballpark estimate about how much time I spent on something and also keeps me organised.
Janset Angı
For time tracking: Clickup and recently, for teamwork management: Oppflow They're both very useful!
Elif Duran
@janset_angi I have not heard Oppflow before but definitely check it! For both time and team management tool, recommend you to subscribe BeforeSunset 🚀
Lara Tankal
Well, I think I am in need a tool for that as I've realized I don't track how much time I spend on a task at all. Subscribed!
Media AM
manage work i use Trello but for analyzing the time I spent on tasks or just generally timing my work hours I use Hubstaff.
Karthikeyan
I would say use google sheets because it's free and second you are getting time to act on some tasks like typing the to-dos in the sheets so your productive again