Which tool is the best for product mockup: Figma or Canva?

Marlene Konu
42 replies

Replies

Christopher Nguyen
Figma is my default but Canva is good for beginners
Marlene Konu
I will start first! Canva because it's the easiest and fastest tool to create designs.
Nina Austria | Afforai
i really like canva!
Ajinkya Bhat | Notion X Startups
I think for mockups Canva is a bit limited though! I designed my mockup images in Canva, the use Photoshop!
Marlene Konu
@ajinkya_bhat What do you modify in Photoshop? :)
Ajinkya Bhat | Notion X Startups
@marlenekonu I used PSD files to make my mockups! So I drop the 2D images from Canva into photoshop. I feel that gives better flexibility. I did purchase the PSD files though.
Rahul
Figma. Canva is for beginners
Jagtar Singh
Canva is suitable for beginners
Both are great, Figma is more complex but more professional, Canva - simple but easy to use.
Lindsay Davis
Have you tried Lunacy?
Marlene Konu
@imlindsay Nope I don't know. What can you do with it?
Ryan Scott
both Figma and Canva are excellent tools, Figma shines for its collaborative features and vector-based design capabilities, making it superior for detailed product mockups, whereas Canva's intuitive interface and template-based design are better suited for simpler, quick-turnaround graphics.
Marlene Konu
@rscott19_90 Definitely! It's how I have built my simple drag and drop mockups in Canva that I'm launching today :)
Ahmet Muhammed Ertugrul
I make product mockups in Shots.so. I add text in Canva.
Triz
I like Figma more except for how easy it is to find elements and templates in Canva!
Nutan
Both are best. Canva is best for beginners/non designers. Figma is mostly used by professional designers. I personally use Canva.
Anatolii
Figma has much more powerful functionality, and, to be honest, it's not that hard to study it:)
Çağla Çağlar
best to use both 👩🏻‍💻
Marlene Konu
@uxcagla When do you use canva and when do you use Figma?
Çağla Çağlar
@marlenekonu I make my mockups, and social media images with Canva but my interface works with Figma.
Mia Auguste
I would say Figma. Canva is a bit limited, not much mockups you can do. As for Figma is built for product mockups. There's even this plugin on Figma called Artboard Studio https://artboard.studio/ (which an also be used on its own). But if you want to keep things simple, it's definitely Canva. If you want best, then go for Figma.
Marlene Konu
@miadesigns That's good to know! I have done my mockups templates inside Canva and launching it today if you want to have a look!
Cho Cho
Canva is a quick go too!
Stacey Bloom
I prefer to work with both Figma and Canva. I also sometimes take ready-made mockups here https://www.ls.graphics/free-mockups - very convenient service with a large selection of mockups for Photoshop, Sketch, XD, and Figma. But if we take into account the ease of use, then Canva is my favourite mockup tool