Which TODO app is your daily companion and why?

Margen Stepa
14 replies
I personally use Trello daily for work and personal projects and have made my own “system” that works for me starting from the backlog column and continuing to the other columns as a process till I make it to the final column “done”. I get work done with this app and it’s crazy how I procrastinate a lot if I don’t use Trello. Another app I use is the Todoist which I use less than Trello for small day tasks, groceries etc.

Replies

Stagfoo
I used trello, notion, wunderlist but the best solution that has worked for me is a text file in the project (maybe using otxto). co-location helps unburden my mind.
shivam mahajan
Monday.com is great, for my individual tasks, but I like Trello too for a small team. We’ve been using Zenhub at our organization, I had the best experience with Zenhub while working with multiple teams. I see there are new AI tools coming, I’m open to try something out though.
Margen Stepa
@shivam_mahajan1 Monday.com looks very simple and fun to use. Zenhub reminded me of GitKraken Boards somehow which I liked and used a lot mostly because of the nice theme colors it had. Very excited on what AI will offer 🤩
anna_ch_anna
I'm using a notion. It's hard to build up at first, but once I get used to it, I can make a form that fits me perfectly. It's useful because I can create to-do lists or scrap materials.
Margen Stepa
@anna_choi what is a notation? You mean like writing down notes?
Margen Stepa
@anna_choi hahah Notion is a great app but always seemed a bit complicated to me for the stuff I need it. Worked with Notion because of a company I used to work with and they had their whole company information organised on Notion. I’ll take a look at some tamplates and give it a try 💯
Dale Castro
I use Todoist on a regular basis because of its simple layout and robust organizational tools, which help me organize and prioritize anything from cybersecurity investigations to personal chores.
Margen Stepa
@monoshitsu1974 I like Todoist a lot, I also used it for a dev project with a small team in the past. It had indeed a really simple layout and is actually easier to use on mobile than Trello. I’ll try to use Todoist a bit more and see how it goes 😁
Simona Stamatovska
I've been using Microsoft To Do desktop app. Previously I've tried several tools including Notion and Trello, but somehow Microsoft To Do become my top choice for organizing bigger and smaller day-to-day tasks.
Margen Stepa
@simona_stamatovska To Do by Microsoft looks very nice, simple and provides themes for a better personal customization of the app. This reminded me of Google Tasks because of the similar UI.
Binod T
Simple notepad
Stagfoo
@binod_t just do you use todo.txt or just new lines?