Which skill is the most important to be a successful builder?

Ankur Singh
27 replies

Replies

Paolo Castro
I got one word or many times the same one: "Try, try, try, ..." This resume all the skills that you need 🦾
Nerijus
I think the most important skill for a successful builder is adaptability. It allows them to navigate challenges, learn new skills, and find innovative solutions. 😎
Sophia Grant
Resilience, without a doubt. Whenever you construct something, obstacles inevitably arise. The trick is to not allow them get you down and to rise back up.
I think the willingness to learn anything!
Sofia Payne
Attention to detail! ✨ Whether it's in the product, in the users and what they need, in anything... Paying attention to avoid unecessary problems and make sure things are under control.
Maxim Najib
Self-confidence. But not pride. There is a difference. The kind of confidence that you have all what it takes to get things done, learn, accomplish and succeed. Without it, there will not be enough will-power to move forward.
Nirnimes
I believe learning the difference between Maker's Time and Manager's Time is really important. The best resource on this in my opinion is this blogpost by Paul Graham: http://www.paulgraham.com/makers...
Lokesh Joshi
Some of the skills i think are: 1: Quality of Work 2: Problem Solving 3: Time and Resource Management 4: Customer Satisfaction
Nuno Reis
Resilience! Knowing how to keep going is really important, because hardships are everywhere!
Emrah Nazif
Communication and network.
Nick Anisimov
Good strategic thinking
Jonathan Hernandez
One of the most important skills to be a successful builder is attention to detail. A successful builder needs to be meticulous in their work, ensuring that each aspect of the construction process is done accurately and to the highest quality standards. Attention to detail helps prevent errors, ensures safety compliance, and delivers a finished product that meets or exceeds expectations.
Sarmad Qadri
For your question I'll assume strong technical skills are table-stakes prerequisites. In my opinion, what sets successful builders apart is relentless focus and open-mindedness. Focus because you need to prioritize what to build, and open-mindedness because you need to be flexible to the world's feedback and iterate or change course as necessary. Imagine someone who is extremely skilled from a technical perspective, is very focused on their objective, and happily iterates until users are happy -- that's a virtuous cycle and a winning combination. Scale this out to teams that can do this well, and you get a strong company.
Networthnexus
Without a doubt, resilience. Every time you build something, challenges appear. The trick is to resist being knocked down and to get back up. https://networthnexus.net/
Villan Johain
The most important skill to be a successful builder is attention to detail. Attention to detail is crucial in the construction industry as it ensures that every aspect of a project is carefully planned, executed, and inspected. I am also in this field (Sell your property fast for cash) this is very tough and intresting field to work in we create houses and sell all type of house and also give them on rent
Heleana Grace
Quick thinking and flexibility. Chances are things are not going to go as planned, so you need to know how to adapt fast.
Himanshu
Launching soon!
Grit, not for just building but in general anything in life.
Shajedul Karim
hey there, mate, interesting question. is there a singular 'most important' skill? tough to say. it's like asking for the most important ingredient in a complex recipe. but if i had to choose, i'd say it's the ability to learn. rapid, efficient, continuous learning. building involves juggling many skills - coding, designing, marketing, leading, selling. it's tough to be a master in all. but if you can learn quickly, you're off to a good start. you can pick up a new language, understand a fresh market, adapt to an emerging trend. learning is like your base layer. everything else - the coding, the marketing, the leading - they're all built on top of it. being a successful builder is a never-ending process. it's not about reaching a destination, it's about navigating the journey. and for this journey, your best companion is your ability to learn. embrace learning. learn to learn. and never stop.