Which Platforms Do You Use for Developer Marketing? 🧐

Arda Sanıl Onay
10 replies
Hi, community! 👋🏻 Today I’m here with a different discussion with you. As a ‘’marketing intern’’ I want to learn about subbranches of marketing. That’s why, I decided to start with developer marketing because of the place where I have been working. As Contentrain, we try to use the most common platforms used by developers.👾 In the following, you can check the options but if you have another option you can share the platform with us in the comment part.

Replies

Feyzan A.
I realised that I don't use any of them (but heard a few of them) and it'd be nice to give them all a look, so thanks for the discussion. :)
On dev.to, we've found that genuine community engagement and thought leadership are key in developer marketing. Developers value learning and sharing knowledge, so providing valuable content that helps them solve problems or learn new things can be very effective.
Arda Sanıl Onay
@ako61142833 I understand. As I wrote, It's not an area I'm very familiar with. That's why, I'll examine the website with its details.✅ Thanks for your response! 😊
Ethan Martinez
I'm currently utilizing a blend of GitHub for open source engagement, Stack Overflow for problem-solving discussions, LinkedIn for professional networking, Twitter for real-time updates, and Dev.to for content marketing, all contributing to a comprehensive approach for effective developer marketing.
flo merian
@ethanmartiz_99 thanks, Ethan! out of curiosity -- how do you do marketing on GitHub?
flo merian
@ardasanilonay hi Arda 👋 I was in your shoes a few years ago, experimenting with what works and what doesn't when marketing to developers. Here's what worked best from my experience: I experimented with more channels -- publications, subreddits, communities -- and open-sourced this repository of awesome places to promote devtools. oh and you can find more insights in these related Discussions: hope it helps!
Arda Sanıl Onay
@fmerian Hey👋, Firstly, I want to thank you about informations that you provide.😊 And I’ll check the links for improve my knowledge about the topic.
Jing Gu
Reddit has been really useful for getting engagement and feedback but you have to be helpful, technical, and tactical otherwise it's easily marked as spam. People can sniff out self-promotion really quickly. However, they appreciate clear answers to their questions and some are happy to provide feedback on your product.