Which is more informative, watching videos or reading blogs?

Cedric Mathias
36 replies
For me reading blogs has always been more informative compared to watching videos as when we read blogs our brain try to interpret what is written and we summarize by ourselves which will stay in our brain for a long time compared to watching video tutorials which is like a readymade summary.

Replies

Yash Dudhagara
Both watching videos and reading blogs can be informative, but the choice depends on your preferred learning style and the quality of the content provided.
Pranoy Mehra
Really depends on the individual's learning style! Interaction with people and watching videos is most helpful.
Raju Singh
It's a very personal choice I would say. Both are skim-worthy if they don't really capture the attention in the right manner. Personally, I go for videos when its entertainment (no other way i guess :) ) and blogs when it comes to deep tech content.
Elzabith C.
Whether watching videos or reading blogs is more informative depends on several factors, including the individual's learning style, the complexity of the topic, and the quality of the content.
Freeman Laffey
Videos can be more engaging and easier to follow than blogs, especially for people who prefer visual learning. This is because they can combine visuals, audio, and text to present information.
Tara Fitzgerald
Blogs can provide more in-depth and nuanced information than videos. This is because they can accommodate more text and detail, allowing for a more thorough exploration of a topic.
William Mills
According to my kknowledge Now videos are much populr instead of blogs. You should use videos section
Cedric Mathias
@william_mills2 Yeah video keeps us engaging, just personally I thought reading blogs gives our brain more work compared to watching videos
Brian Hurst
I prefer whichever will give me good, concise information. If it looks like it's going to take me a long time to gather the information I need, I end up switching sources. I want a source that will help me understand quickly without filler text or content.
Ilyes Ouhadj
Both, it's not about that! it's rather about what type of content you prefer to consume! Some people find watching videos better, others don't and prefer reading!
Uthappa Robb
watching videos are more informative then reading a blog
Erick Philbert
Watching videos is better, reading blogs is a pleasure..
Phoebe Peralta
It ultimately depends on individual learning preferences and the complexity of the topic. What works for one might not work for another.
Henry Habib
Reading blogs can definitely help with retention, but everyone’s different. Some people might find videos more digestible. It’s all about figuring out what works best for you. 
Daniel Burns
Both work and are great sources of learning methods. Personally, I prefer reading blogs, but it depends on the person's preference and their learning style.