Which is more difficult 'Building' or 'Selling'?

Millie Crystal
36 replies
Hey folks, currently, I find selling very difficult. What do you think?

Replies

Nicolò Marchesi
Building. By far. Note that I refer to building as "product" building, not limited to only development (in which for certain fields like security, electronics, etc... difficulty skyrockets). With a good value proposition and product, the product can sell by itself provided you have done your homework in marketing and communication.
Narendra Solanki
Both building and selling have unique challenges. Building requires technical skill and creativity, while selling demands understanding the audience and persuasive communication. The difficulty depends on your personal strengths and the product's nature. It's key to either develop skills in both areas or have a team that covers both effectively.
Yokiiiii
Selling is becoming increasingly challenging. Nowadays, nearly every product is either based on or connected to AI. This means that the overall direction of development is quite similar. (No offense to development) The real question is, how can one distinguish and effectively sell it?
Xavier JJ
Selling is way more difficult. But perhaps it's because of my skillset
Iya Mendoza
Both building and selling pose unique challenges at Logomakerr.ai. Building involves expressing creativity and passion to develop an innovative product, making what you enjoy and love. Selling, however, requires consistent and regular effort to effectively communicate and market that product. They are interdependent with building, driving our passion, and selling, ensuring the product's reach and success. It's not about difficulty but rather the synergy between creation and promotion in achieving overall success for Logomakerr.ai.
Felya Bilgen
I think both building and selling present unique challenges
Carl Brook
SELLING! Builing pretty much anything is easy but when it comes to selling and putting your product or service infront of the correct audience is both time consuming and costly.
Adrian Taropa
I think it depends on whether you are a salesperson or a maker. I'm a maker who can make pretty much anything quickly and have it look pristine, but I have trouble selling things. My friend, a born salesperson, has no problem selling anything, but when it comes to making something, he will end up chasing his tail. 😅 Short answer for me: Selling 💯
angel william
Effectively communicating the value proposition of a product is crucial for sales success. This involves understanding the target audience's needs, pain points, and aspirations and tailoring the product's messaging accordingly.
James Sukosd
I find selling more challenging. Primarily, your product must be genuinely useful, desired by people, and also they need to know it exists. Also the sales process involves navigating various avenues, such as establishing a brand presence, implementing content marketing strategies, making calls, crafting advertisements, and more. Especially in the beginning, very beginning, you need to wear multiple hats to sell effectively.
Jaspar Carmichael-Jack
Building a product typically requires more technical expertise and a deeper understanding of the product and the market. It involves mastering the intricacies of product development, from ideation to launch. Selling, on the other hand, demands stronger interpersonal skills, persuasive abilities, and resilience in the face of challenges. It involves understanding the customer's perspective, building relationships, and navigating the dynamics of sales negotiations. In conclusion, both building and selling present unique challenges that require dedicated effort and specialized skills. The relative difficulty depends on the specific context and the individual's strengths and expertise.
Saterfieldson Tinkle
"Great question! Both 'Building' and 'Selling' come with unique challenges. Building requires skill and effort, while selling demands effective communication and persuasion passion tips. It's a dynamic balance, but success often lies in mastering both aspects."
Ryan Sullivan
I personally find selling to be the harder of the two but they are intimately related to each other. Building a product with a great product/market fit will of course always be easier to sell then the alternative, but you still need to get those first early adopters!
Terry Hu
both are but i'd agree that selling is more difficult..with building, you get to follow your own vision and just have to figure out to how to put what you have in your own head into a product, but with selling, you have to not only stay true to your vision but ALSO cater that vision to be appealing enough to someone who isn't inherently invested in your idea. fortunately, good selling comes down to a good grasp of human psychology / copywriting / etc etc and there ARE many amazing courses out there to teach us that. whereas with building/ideating...it seems more difficult to "teach" that
AmazingSylvia
I think both of them are important, but selling is harder than building, because it t's an underground link that builds on the good work done by building. If the building part sucks, one body can sell it out.
Kritarth Mittal
When you have just an idea with no MVP, building one is hard. Once you have a product at hand, you realize building it is the easier part. The rest of the argument is subjective. Some people are naturally great builders and can build whatever they want, some can sell without a product in hand.
Alexander Ptitsyn
It depends on the situation and environment.
Anna Sazonova
There can be no clear answer😉 If a person knows smth well he does it well