Which human skill will never be replaced by AI?

Lindsay Davis
56 replies
My answer is creativity, and the ability to generate unique ideas. What do you think? P.S. If you're interested in AI, and creativity, please check Illustration Generator → https://www.producthunt.com/prod.... It's an image generator with no AI smell. We'll launch it soon. Stay tuned🧡

Replies

Rajesh Kandaswamy
Imho, most skills are not discrete but are across a spectrum - like painting, chess, etc. In many of them, AI might be able to overshoot us and some of them may not. Further, for me, it is hard to make any predictions about the future when the key item in question (in this case AI) is still evolving leaps and bounds. The area where AI struggles in finding patterns across different domains or pulling parallels, but even that might change. I don't think I answered your question, but thought I will share my opinion anyway.
Elise
Yes, creativity, I agree with you!
Leslie Olsson
Just being human, being kind and empathetic🫂
Artyom Sviridov
Creativity and imagination, that's for sure :) Imagination allows us to "exist" in past, present and future, visualize the different (and even the most impossible) scenarios, and so on. In my opinion, AI is still way too far from anything like that.
Karthik Tatikonda
All the best for the launch Lindsay 🎉
Lenny Jean
Creative thinking.
Daria Sokolovskaya
I think AI still does not understand certain metaphors and hidden meanings of the content. Good luck on your launch!
Aarushi
Launching soon!
Totally agree with you, creativity and uniqueness cannot be replaced. Also, empathy an ability to take emotional stances
ChatofAI
I actually hope AI becomes smart enough to do most of the work for me someday. 😄
Launching soon!
Agreed. Creativity and the Feelings.
Hannah Moowattin
Critical Thinking and Judgment
Victoriia Shymanska
Creativity and critical thinking
Winston Zin
I think AI could replace us in all aspects including critical thinking, creativity and the ability to generate unique ideas.
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@winstonzin Interesting perspective. Looking forward to seeing how technology evolves in the future. cheers.
George Aleesu
@winstonzin @priyankamandal Yes man, we look forward to seeing that change in the near future!
Kobe Hall
Creativity and Innovation
PRIYANKA MANDAL
Totally agree with you Lindsay. Creativity and the ability to generate unique ideas are human strengths that AI cannot replicate.
Savilia Lastero
Empathy and Emotional Intelligence: Understanding and responding to human emotions, particularly in nuanced and complex situations, is a skill that AI currently struggles to emulate. Empathy involves a deep understanding of emotions, social dynamics, and context, which is rooted in human experiences.
Empathy - although psychopaths don't have empathy, but they can fake it. That's one of the challenges with AI. At some point it may be hard for us to tell if it's faking it or not.